Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Search for the Dragon Slayer

3 posters

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 15 Empty Re: The Search for the Dragon Slayer

Post by Damascus Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:14 pm

She giggled. "Oh, indeed! I believe the Einzberns created advanced homunculi with Magic Circuits. With genetic material from any magus, it's perfectly doable. Of course, they won't be able to use Magecraft without a Magic Crest, but simply the ability to provide mana to a Servant is enough."

"Theoretically, I have enough material to replicate it, but at my level of expertise, I just haven't had the time to work on it."

Damascus
Admin

https://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 15 Empty Re: The Search for the Dragon Slayer

Post by fuyumin Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:20 pm

"Well, I don't suppose you need an assistant?" His voice hung on a hopeful note before frowning. "Although I'd hate to shirk my duty..."

The door to the bath slid open with a clatter, Medea stepping inside wearing a barely-modest fluffy black towel and somehow matching slippers, which she kicked off before sinking into the water. Steam swirled up and covered the lenses of chic sunglasses that were moved to perch on top of her head elegantly behind pointed ears.

"Ahhh, there's nothing that can bind cultures together like a hot bath. Right, Darius?" She gave him a playful wink.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Da Vinci smiled at the newcomer. "Glad you could make it, Medea!"

She turned back to Phillipus. "I could always use your help, but yes, it would unfortunately require you to sit out a few missions. Someone would have to take your place."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:37 pm

Darius chuckled and nodded in agreement, wading over to hand Medea a glass of punch.

Not too far behind Medea was Aaron. He had tried laying down, but was lonely. He sunk quietly into the water beside Phillipus, resting his head on his shoulder, but trying to make his best effort not to disturb his conversation.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:52 pm

"You know," Medea began, definitely not eavesdropping, "if you need someone to cover for you in the field..." She waved a hand, a shower of fine glittery sparkles cascading from thin air. Phillipus rolled his eyes.

"Yes, yes, Age of the Gods, I'm aware. Well... If you're sure, and if you think Chiaki would be able to rayshift - not that I question her ability, but, well, Yui and Lazarus." He pulled Aaron closer, letting him settle on his shoulder, and offered him his glass. Fluffy blonde hair tickled his cheek as he moved, and it made him feel a slight glow. Maybe this could also involve more... Personal time.

"And if you're worried about what Darius's absence might do, I have a plan on that accord. You can leave it to me." Medea tucked the cocktail umbrella in one of Astolfo's braids as he floated past.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:55 pm

"Thanks babe," he whispered, sipping the drink and smiling comfortably.

Darius raised an eyebrow at Medea, "I'm curious what your plan might be?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:16 pm

"Well, if Chiara doesn't find a way to sneak into one of the shifting coffins, I can bestow a boon of might to a mortal of my choosing." She smirked wryly. "How do you think Jason was so successful? And was I thanked?" She threw her hands into the air in a shrug, shaking her head.

"Anyway, I was thinking of bestowing such a boon to Mari. She's certainly the physical type, and she would be able to cause as much harm to a Servant as any of us."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:19 pm

Darius nodded. He didn't particularly want to stay behind, but he was certainly able to take turns with the others. He couldn't help but look a little put out though.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:21 pm

"Well, I wouldn't want to encourage any covert behavior. If Chiara doesn't have permission to go, you could always trade contracts with someone."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:29 pm

Phillipus arched an eyebrow at Leo. "No covert behavior? From you?" Medea waved a hand, still amused.

"I understand the sentiment. If it comes to that, I'll make the arrangements." She leaned forward with a glint in her eye. "Perhaps I can take on a contract myself, if some are so keen for the thrill of combat."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:32 pm

"Not unless you have a me attatched," Aaron threw in, though his eyes remained closed.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:35 pm

Leo threw up her hands. "I know, I know! I'm only speaking with Mrs. Tohsaka's feelings in mind. It puts me in an uncomfortable position if she finds out I helped sneak her daughter onto a mission."

"I suppose there's always a chance you can convince her. But I've never been a mother... er, father. Or whatever, so I can't speak on how she feels."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:45 pm

The words tugged at Medea's heart. "I... It's a terrible thing, to feel your children are running head-first into danger. Even worse when it actually happens. However, they're both capable young women. The least I can do is discuss it with her."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:01 pm

Da Vinci nodded and smiled. "Yeah. They both seem strong and capable. And I know you'll take good care of them too, Medea."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:01 pm

"Personally, I think if I had a kid and they had the dedication to do this kind of thing I'd just be proud and hope they don't die; I'd probably let them go. " he wrapped his arms around Phillipus' waist.

After a lovely bath, Chiara called everyone into the kitchen for the dinner they'd prepared.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:24 pm

Yui set the food out on the table for everyone. "Here you go! Glad to see everyone's doing okay after this mission."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:16 pm

Everyone eagerly gathered around the dinner table. Chiaki Bagan to serve up the food. When all were served Darius tucked in eagerly. Avalon say next to Mari and accross from Medea, discussing servant switching, and smiling as she watched Artoria take to her meal with a look of pleasure that rarely graced her features.
Aaron had stopped leaning on Phillips, but remained close to him. He ate slowly but was clearly satisfied, though he still remained strangely quiet. Lazarus was the opposite. He floated from conversation to conversation. Animatedly gesticulating as he ate and spoke, and of course, writing things down in a notebook next to him. He was also snuggled close to Yui, and made sure to compliment his daughters and Medea on the wonderful meal.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Once everyone had gotten a good helping of food in their bellies, Da Vinci circled around the table with a clipboard and a stack of papers.

"I figured now is a good a time as any for an official debriefing. Does anyone mind us doing a quick rundown of the mission while we're here together?"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Assent was given , some more enthusiastically than others.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:09 pm

"Great!" She sat down and shuffled through her papers. "So, first things first."

"We investigated the Singularity located at France 1431. The cause of the Singularity was determined to be the summoning of an evil Jeanne d'Arc, who went on a rampage trying to destroy the country of France."

"Unfortunately, we were not able to ascertain who summoned her, or the true nature behind her corruption. A Holy Grail was located and recovered, presumably placed there by whoever created the Singularities--this person is also probably responsible for summoning her and giving her the Grail. No identity discovered, but Lev Lainur remains a suspect of at least playing an active role."

"The Holy Grail was located and recovered. It's proven to be capable of summoning Servants like the genuine article, but its uncertain if its subject to the same restrictions as the Fuyuki Grail--such as maximum number of summonable Servants and distribution of Classes."

She smiled. "Anything anyone else wants to add?"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:39 pm

After a short pause, she piped up again. "Good! In that case, I will give you a brief overview of the next mission. No rush on starting in on the next Singularity, I just want to give you time to study up on your next destination."

"Rome, 60 AD. This is the height of the Roman Empire, during the reign of Emperor Nero Claudius. I'm sure you've heard that Nero's reign is commonly associated with tyranny and extravagance. Most historical sources paint him in that light, but modern historians have cast some doubt on them."

"Whatever Nero's reputation, this is one of the most prosperous eras in Roman history, and the Roman Empire itself left a huge impact on European history. Changes to the timeline here will ripple in a far more drastic way here than the last Singularity."

"Any questions?"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:43 pm

Phillipus nodded in agreement, pensive. "Do you know what event this Singularity encapsulates? Anything in particular?"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:47 pm

She flipped through her papers, scanning them quickly. "There are two major events in this specific time frame. The first is this is around the middle of the ongoing Roman-Parthian War over the territory of Armenia. The second; this is the year of the revolt led by Boudica against Roman occupation in Brittania. Either of these could come into play here."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:54 pm

He grinned faintly. "Brittania, eh? Like Londinium?" Mordred took the bait, as well as the line and sinker. They stood sharply.

"We have to help her!!" Medea also rose, her hand curled to her chin.

"I would also be interested in seeing the state of affairs. It's been discussed, but I've yet to ask. Yui, would you allow Chiaki to shift into this Singularity? Leo needs assistance with her fabricated Master project, and Phillipus's expertise would be indispensable." She paused, expression softer.

"However, I understand the fear behind leaving a child in uncertain circumstances. I won't press the issue if you say no."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:57 pm

Aaron perked up at the mention of the historical battles. He began to fidget, as he did when he wanted to get started on some sort of project or task
"Well at least the togas will be breezy," Avalon said with a chuckle.
Chiara tapped her fingers on the table for a couple moments before letting her face morph into a pout, " mooooooooom~! I wanna go to ancient Roooome~ " she was feigning being a whiny child, but only barely

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next