Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Search for the Dragon Slayer

3 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 17 Empty Re: The Search for the Dragon Slayer

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:54 pm

Aaron definitely enjoyed the moment for awhile, reading whatever Phillipus was for a few moments, "I have been thinking about something though...like...I'm going to die way before you are. Not only that but I'm going to get super old and fragile, so like...how do we want to...deal with that?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 17 Empty Re: The Search for the Dragon Slayer

Post by Damascus Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:54 pm

Mashu was startled slightly, as she was a bit lost in thought after Artoria left. "Ah! Oh, Mordred-san..." She smiled. "I'm doing alright. Trying to get stronger. It's still tough not knowing my Heroic Spirit's name. Artoria said I should still be able to use my Noble Phantasm, but I'm not sure how."

Damascus
Admin

https://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:10 pm

They gave her a reassuring smile. "I'm sure you'll figure it out. I just wanted to make sure she wasn't being... Too... Father-y." They rubbed the back of their neck sheepishly.

"If you get to know her well enough, you'll know what I mean. Anyways, don't feel like you're in a rush, okay? You're already under a lot of stress as our first line of defense." Mordred lightly rapped the shield with their knuckle.

"This is a piece of the Round Table, seat of some of the bravest knights in Christendom. Whoever your Spirit is, they'll keep you in good hands." They winked and pointed their finger at Mashu. "And that's a promise." Their thumb moved as if cocking back the hammer of a gun as they clicked their tongue.

Phillipus rested the book pages-down on his chest, quiet for a moment. "I've... I've given that thought. I recognized that from the start. I can't claim to know all the answers, but for now, I'll stay with you as long as you'll have me. I want to savor every moment."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:15 pm

Mashu giggled a little. "Thanks! I feel much better knowing both of you are looking out for me."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:19 pm

"Well so do I, but...I don't know how well I'll deal with wasting away while you don't, and coming from your perspective I couldn't end up blaming you for not wanting to watch me wither and die. Especially when my mind starts going. Like...it's gonna be rough..." he didn't really know what else to say. He didn't want to add in chance of getting some kind of disease like cancer or something. He was glad Phillipus had thought about it, but he felt his answer was too simple.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:25 pm

"I think it's too far in the future to really consider yet. It's... unsatisfactory, but even mortals take things one day at a time, no?" He thought for a moment.

"Besides, if Lazarus catches wind of this discussion he'll be working on some sort of solution faster than you can say Hermes Trismegistus," he murmured with faint amusement. "We know for sure now that age, entropy, changes of the human body are rules to be broken."

Mordred nodded approvingly. "And please, try to remember that she is looking out for you, even if she starts getting stuck in her old ways." Modred stood straight, holding their hands in front of their chest as if cupping the pommel of a sword, elbows elegantly held out. Their face was schooled into a dignified, regal expression, and their voice commanding. The family resemblance was uncanny.

"Sir Mordred, as a Knight of the Round Table, picking your nose during debriefings is incredibly unbecoming behavior." They shifted to shake a finger.

"Sir Mordred, knights do not put their feet on the Round Table. Sir Mordred, just because you don't like the way a squire treats you doesn't mean you sneak a beehive into his cot."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:31 pm

"Well he already is, but I don't know if he'll help me or if he'll just help his wife. Which like...immortality is crazy, so I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to keep it to only a couple people." He sighed, drumming his fingers on his thigh, "I don't know I'm just having a hard time not thinking about it. Maybe I just don't wanna waste anyone's time? I dunno..."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:35 pm

Mashu started laughing uncontrollably. "A beehive? Did you really do that??"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:39 pm

Mordred lifted their arms up as if stretching, holding on to their elbows with each hand.

"He was a real prat!! He said that at least Father had the decency to wear dresses, so I gave him a bee for his bonnet." They smirked, reminiscing. "At least Gal thought it was funny."

Phillipus covered Aaron's hand with his own and squeezed. "You are not a waste of time. You never were, and never will be. A second with you is bliss enough." He let go in case Aaron wanted to keep fidgeting. "Whatever your concerns are, I'm here to listen. I can at least guarantee you that."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:41 pm

"hmmm..." Aaron pondered for a moment, but definitely grabbed Phillipus' hand back, "I'll be back!" he suddenly announced, hopping off of the bed and shooting out of the room. He quickly tracked down DaVinci, "Hey. I need help with a thing."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:47 pm

Mashu kept laughing, holding her stomach. "I would have loved to see that! That sounds so like you!"

Da Vinci smiled. "Yes? What do you need?"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:48 pm

"Either I need to be immortal or I need to not age while I'm stuck in the mortal coil."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:53 pm

"Hey, maybe you did, in a way! Round Table spirit, remember?" They looked over the shield consideringly.

"Even if you don't know or remember who it is, though, I'm glad to know you the way you are. Anyone can see that you're incredibly brave and very kind. You don't need a Heroic Spirit to accomplish that."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:57 pm

Mashu smiled warmly. "Thank you. that means a lot from someone as brave as you."

Da Vinci paused for a while incredulously. "I'm... afraid I can't help you with that. Immortality is no simple matter."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:58 pm

"No shit. But I need it. I'm sure you and Lazarus can figure something out. "

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:05 pm

Da Vinci shrugged a little. "I don't know what to tell you. Immortality has been sought by humans since the dawn of time with no single, clear solutions. There are a few who have found it, but not in methods you could really replicate."

"Lazarus managed to reach the Root with the Grail. However, once a path is established and used, the same path can never be used again. You couldn't do the same thing even if you tried."

"Most mages resort to drinking the life of others to attain immortality and become Dead Apostles, and I'm sure you don't want to do that. Maybe you could do something extraordinary in your life and become a Heroic Spirit like me. Though, I'm still not the genuine Da Vinci."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:05 pm

Mordred laughed, waving a hand. "I'm more stubborn than brave! Ask anyone!" They gave Mashuu a genuine smile. "But thank you."

Phillipus started to make his way down the halls, curious. What train of thoughts had he set in motion now? He could just see Aaron and Leo talking a short distance away when a pair of arms wrapped around his middle, followed by a sea of pink with black ribbons.

"Am I really gonna go out this time!? Are we going to Rome??" Astolfo looked up at him with stars in his eyes. He sighed. Even after so long, he still felt compelled to answer Astolfo's endless questions.

"Yes, it seems like both Chiaki and Chiara are assigned to the next Singularity. I will be staying here with Leo to assist on a project, and Medea will be taking care of you all." The small animal in the exercise wheel of Astolfo's mind was working overtime.

"Oh, I see!! Should I bring something back for you? Wine? Manuscripts? Gold? Is it before or after the founding of Lutece?"

"Couldn't say," Phillipus shrugged. "Not even Leo knows the exact event surrounding the singularity. Either way, I expect you to be on your best behavior and an ambassador for Chaldea." Astolfo whined an affirmative, hanging off of Phillipus's arm.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:07 pm

"Well without my memories that wouldn't do me much good. What about staying healthy until I just kick it?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:09 pm

"I could do that. Though, Phillipus might actually have an inch up on me in that regard, being a pioneer in the medical revolution. Tell you what. If I have any time in between my work at Chaldea, I can research some methods on keeping you youthful and healthy."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:13 pm

"That would be great. Sorry to be so brusque, I just can't do it myself, and I don't have the time to learn to do it myself, and I don't think Phillipus is too horribly interested in the idea or he might have mentioned it? I don't know. The situation I'm in is doing me a very large concern..." after he finished he frowned at himself for a moment. Was DaVinci familiar with weird internet speech? Roman probably was...

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:24 pm

She laughed a little, being somewhat aware of the meme. "I'm sorry I can't be of more help. Hopefully we can figure something out."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:25 pm

Phillipus was finally within earshot, Astolfo still orbiting him and keeping step. He took a deep breath.

"Now then, what's all this?"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:28 pm

"Do you know anything about some short term stuff I can do? Even if we do think of something it might be a little while until we can do it, and I'm like...almost forty OH GOD." he did look legitimately horrified, finishing his sentence just as Phillipus arrived.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:33 pm

"Oh goodness, I feel like a cradle-robber," Phillipus snickered.

"Are you..." He immediately shifted on his feet, holding his chin in a hand and nodding at a series of unasked questions. "Your longevity, correct? I didn't address the subject in case... Well, not everyone's eager. I learned that one the first time around."

"Of course I have several formulae to springboard off of, and combined with today's knowledge..." He started pacing in a small circle, Astolfo falling in behind him and mirroring his gestures perfectly.

"Leo, I'll have to ask a monumental favor. I don't blame you for deciding to not acquiesce, but it would be a help both to your project and mine."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:34 pm

Da Vinci laced her fingers together and smiled curiously. "Shoot."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next