Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Search for the Dragon Slayer

3 posters

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 16 Empty Re: The Search for the Dragon Slayer

Post by Damascus Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:04 pm

Yui put on a stern face. "No way. It's too dangerous."

DaVinci was ready to jump to the girl's defense. "All of the Masters are risking their safety on these missions, but the more Masters there are, the safer it will be for everyone."

"No way!" Yui looked even more perturbed. "You're still much younger than the others, and you haven't been in a real Grail War like them!"

Damascus
Admin

https://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 16 Empty Re: The Search for the Dragon Slayer

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:07 pm

"well you hadn't been in one until you were in one! You're giving us an impossible prerequisite!"
At the other end of the table Aaron weighed in," hell if I can manage it I'm sure they can. They're better mages than I was...or am even."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:08 pm

"Mom, please..." Chiaki pushed her glasses up on her nose with a knuckle, face reddening but still determined.

"You were younger than Chiara when you participated in your first War. I know you want us to be safe, but if we don't get the experience, we'll never be prepared for danger. We can't work on theory alone. We've both been mastering our Craft for years, and everyone else will help us keep safe. I want to do this, not to prove anything, or on a girlish whim, but because it's the right thing to do."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:30 pm

Yui seemed to be getting more frustrated, but at the same time, she had a worried look on her face as she started to tear up a little.

"I know! I know! It's just..." She searched for the words, but ended up just throwing up her hands. "I don't know what I'll do if something happens to you. You're my girls."

Da Vinci was the one to have a stern look this time. "Chiaki is right, you know. They've proven themselves more than capable, and we need everyone we can get to fix all this. Besides, there is always the option to emergency Rayshift someone out of danger."

"But... But..." Yui sputtered, with the clear look of someone who knew they didn't have a leg to stand on.

Da Vinci smiled knowingly. "If the Fuyuki Grail Wars were still happening, your daughters would be fighting in it about now, wouldn't they?"

That made Yui stop sputtering for a moment. That made everything snap into perspective. It wasn't something that had occured to her right away, since she had sort of already known that the girls wouldn't be fighting in a Grail War by the time they were born.

It's possible that, if the Grail Wars had kept going as scheduled, her children wouldn't be fighting in one until they were well into adulthood. But when she fought in one, she was the age they were now. Tokiomi knew this, and had prepared her, despite her young age. He was proud of her, and she was going to make him proud.

It was Tohsaka tradition. Summon a Servant, fight, and win the Holy Grail. There was more at stake now, but it was the same thing this time.

She remained silent as all this went through her head, a few tears rolling down her face.

She took a deep breath and forced a smile. "I'm sorry. You're right. You're more than capable."

"If you're that worried, you can always go with them."

Yui laughed softly. "I don't think so. I'm not in the same shape I once was."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:33 pm

Chiaki quickly stepped to her mother's side and gave her a tight hug. "Love you, Mom. I'll do my best." She held Yui's hand and linked their pinkies together with an encouraging smile. "I promise."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:42 pm

"well we can emergency rayshift you as well," Lazarus teased Yui, putting an arm around her. He had always been fine with the girls prospectively getting into dangerous situations. But he definitely understood Yui's anxiety.
Chiara joined the family hug, " Don't worry mom. We inherited so much badassery from you we'll be absolutely fine."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:56 pm

Yui laughed. "I know, I know. You're gonna kick ass. Maybe I'll come along on a Rayshift some day. Fran's starting to get kind of restless."

Da Vinci seemed pleased. "In that case, I'll make sure to get some extra Coffins ready. Chiaki, Chiara, we'll need to run you through some simulations to get you attuned to the process. After you've taken time to get ready, let me know who all is going on the mission."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:05 pm

"Yes ma'am!!" Chiaki beamed and went to the simulation chambers. Medea chuckled.

"She's so enthusiastic, it's adorable. She reminds me of myself at her age." She reached and rubbed Yui's back comfortingly.

"I'll keep an eye on them both, mother to mother." She then turned to Mari and Avalon, looking them over, then nodded. She produced Rule Breaker, drawing a glyph on the floor in front of her.

"Mari, could you come here please?" As soon as the woman stepped onto the glyph, a bolt of... something ran up her spine.

"W-what the...!!" Medea placed a finger over her lips, moving in close. The Caster moved her hands in a halo around Mari's head, Mari staring back at her, flushed.

"My honored Champion, I bestow unto thee this gift, that you may carry out the Will of the Gods. You are strengthened and protected under my sight, so that Aphrodite, Hera, Artemis, will carry you through all your trials." Medea's hands moved to Mari's face, holding it tenderly, then leaned in for a kiss. Mari's body turned stiff as a board, blushing from head to toe. There was an indescribable rush through her, as if life itself was renewed.

"Go forth, my Chosen, and conquer." Medea finished the incantation and smiled, satisfied, brushing off Mari's shoulders.

"T-thanks... I... Think..." Mari walked stiffly away from Medea, who laughed behind a hand.

"You'll see!"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Chiara immediately stuck close to DaVinci, excited to run through her trials. Avalon eyed Medea with a puzzled frown. Darius asked Mordred if they would like to spar a little, perhaps work on some dual attacks involving throwing her long distances. Aaron turned to Phillipus, "So, what have you got planned for the evening?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:22 pm

"Well, since Leo is occupied..." His cheeks flushed lightly with a shy smile.

"Are you in the mood to visit the library?"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:25 pm

"YES." he grabbed Phillipus' arm and dragged him towards the library, no longer able to sit still.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:46 pm

He chuckled, pleased that he could read Aaron so well.

Mordred nodded eagerly at Darius, raising a fist. Mari curiously swung her arms, then let the momentum carry her into a full spin on the ball of one foot.

"Weird... Moru? Dari? Can I come with you guys?"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:48 pm

"Of course!" Darius replied heartily. He grabbed the two small ones, lifting them onto his shoulders and headed to the training area.

In the library Aaron zipped through the shelves, grabbing as many books as he could find on the era they were travelling to, and a dictionary, just in case.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:56 pm

Phillipus perused the stacks, making his own bundle. For a moment, he wished he was going after all - the chance of meeting another practicing alchemist, let alone one of the progenitors of the magic, would be thrilling! He sighed, huddling a particularly creaky tome to his chest. But, after all, he had the chance to work one on one with Leo, after all these centuries. It was more than satisfying. Once Aaron had picked a not-insignificant portion of the history section, the pair walked towards their quarters for studying.

"Wha- OH!" Mari held on tight, grinning broadly. "Holy shit, this is so high!! Avalon!!" She waved eagerly, arm flailing in the air.

"It's the only way to travel, right?" Mordred laughed. "To the gym!!"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Avalon laughed and waved as Mari and Mordred were carried off. She stopped by her quarters for a moment to grab a book, and then headed to the sparring area to watch them practice.

Aaron picked a couple books out and flopped onto the bed. "Are you sure you don't wanna go? If Chiaki and Chiara are going maybe one of them can take you. Well no, I think Astolfo really needs to burn some energy. Well balls..."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:08 pm

"Mm, of course I'd be fascinated to have at least sort of a firsthand glimpse of the era..." Phillipus sat on the bed and leaned back in a marginally more dignified flop.

"But honestly, if it's not too amorous to say, I'm happy to have the time with you." He sat up on his shoulders and kissed the top of Aaron's head.

Mari took her usual stance in front of the small punching bag. Just a few taps to start, then a roll. Once the bag started swinging, she jabbed harder with her right - and the bag flew into the back of the stand. Her jaw dropped.

"Did everybody see that!!!" She bolted over to the larger bag and kicked, the bag swinging so hard it flew off of the chain and into the wall. She bounced on her toes, face glowing, then ran towards Avalon and scooped her up in a hug, arms wrapped around her thighs and hoisting her in the air.

"I'm so fucking strong!! I'm a Super Saiyan!!"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:20 pm

Avalon stared with wide eyes, "Holy shit that's pretty coo-JESUS. YES YOU ARE INDEED A SUPER SAIYAN." she couldn't help but laugh as Mari spun her around. She held on tight and gave her a very lovely kiss when she was set back down.

"Well since Chiaki and Chiara are going, Medea doesn't need me to host her, so you could still come if you wanted. And if I'm not mistaken we have some time in between so you could help Leo out with their homonculus research before we go?" Aaron suggested with a shrug.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:25 pm

After putting Avalon down, Mari flexed with delight. "Dari!! Put up your hand, I wanna see how hard I can punch it!!"

Meanwhile, Phillipus flushed awkwardly. "W-Well, if you think I should..." He tapped his index fingers together, taking a strong sudden interest in the ceiling tiles.

"I was thinking that, well, since there are going to be more Masters shifting in, perhaps you and I could..."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:27 pm

Darius immediately held his hands up, excited to test her strength.

Aaron sat up, smirking at Phillipus' embarassment, "Cooooooouuuuuuuuld?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:31 pm

Mari popped into stance and swung, guiding her fist to the meat of Darius's hand. "YAH!!"

Her eyes popped wide in shock when the hand wasn't just a stone wall. It felt like punching a normal guy!! She bounced between her feet with glee, then stopped on her tiptoes, brow furrowed with worry.

"You're okay, right??"

Phillipus moved a book over his face, increasingly flustered. "I was hoping that you and I could... Have... Personal time? And not be in danger? And get a break?" He peeped up at Aaron over the edge of the hardcover.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:40 pm

Darius laughed but assured her he was fine. They continued solidifying some maneuvers.

"Are you wanting us to sit this out and spend time together or just spend time together between world savings?" He had set down his book and was smiling at Phillipus, trying his best to be open without being energetic so he would be comfortable.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:41 pm

His voice was small and shy. "Sit this one out with me? You don't have to, I know that's hardly a very noble sentiment."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:43 pm

While Darius, Mordred, and Mari sparred at one end of the room, Artoria and Mashu took up the other side. Even though Mashu had all the abilities of a Servant, she lacked the training most Heroic Spirits already had when they were summoned. As the holder of a Knight of the Round Table's abilities, Artoria wanted to get her into top shape.

Mashu deflected her attacks soundly with her shield, but Artoria moved so fast that she couldn't get in any counterattacks. After ten minutes of training, they gave it a rest.

"You're doing well, given your limited experience. As Shielder-class, your defensive abilities are naturally excellent. However, it'd still be good to raise your offensive capabilities."

"Yes..." Mashu rested on her shield and panted, frowning at the floor.

"You seem preoccupied."

Mashu's shoulders sank a little. "I'm trying to get better, but... I still don't know my Heroic Spirit's identity. Without that, it's like I'm... incomplete. I can't use my Noble Phantasm without it."

Artoria sheathed her sword. "That's not quite correct. Noble Phantasms are instinctual. Of course, without knowing its true name it wouldn't be as powerful, but as long as you have the Heroic Spirit's abilities, you should be able to access it."

"Really?" Mashu looked a little more hopeful. "Well... how would I use it, then?"

"I'm not sure, exactly. You're quite the unique case. You have to be more in tune with your instincts." She thought for a moment. "You are a Shielder. Not a standard Servant class, but easy enough to understand. Focus on the 'desire to protect.'"

"The desire to protect..." Mashu echoed in thought.

Artoria shrugged. "Something to keep in mind. The way Heroic Spirit's work, if that doesn't work, you may have to be in mortal peril in order to draw it out."

"Mortal peril...?!"

"That's not so unusual, right? We place ourselves in harm's way to protect humanity. It's our duty as Heroic Spirits."

Mashu smiled and nodded. "Yes."

"Good. We'll leave it at that for the day. Think about what I said."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:47 pm

He laughed, "Of course I'll sit one out with you. Don't be embarassed!" He moved over to sit next to him, looping an arm into his, "Personally, I find a desire to spend time with a loved one instead of going somewhere you really wanna go very noble, don't you think?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:50 pm

Phillipus moved the book away from his face, expression warmer. "I suppose so. Thank you." He leaned against Aaron, snuggling in tight.

Mordred was stretching a shoulder when they noticed Artoria and Mashuu talking. As soon as Artoria took her leave, they approached the Shielder and gave her a friendly tap on the shoulder.

"Yo, Mashuu. How are you doing?"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next