Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Search for the Dragon Slayer

3 posters

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down

The Search for the Dragon Slayer Empty The Search for the Dragon Slayer

Post by Damascus Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:02 pm

It was another long walk to Lyon from their current location. Nearly two days to the southeast, directly away from Orleans.

Shortly after fleeing form La Charite, Roman contacted them to tell them what he analyzed from Jeanne's abilities. Her privelege as a Ruler Class gave her the ability to discern any Servant's true names, as well as an almost impervious Magic Resistance.

Luckily, he said, though Jeanne's mana reserves were large, her Noble Phantasm had drained them a good deal. It wasn't an ability she could use forever, however, baiting her to use up her mana with it could end up killing them in the end. Instead, Roman pointed out that her Endurance was quite low, meaning they could take her down with normal attacks with relative ease. The main problem was getting through her army of Servants and dragons. That, though, was a mission they were already trying to fulfill.

As they passed through smaller villages on the way to Lyon, they heard rumors of the Dragon-Slayer. Lyon had become somewhat of a haven for refugees of Jeanne's destruction. While the surrounding larger cities fell to the dragons, Lyon had a protector--a knight with a greatsword, effortlessly cleaving the wyverns in half.

About eight hours out from Lyon, they heard an even more interesting rumor.

Mashu came jogging back to the group after speaking with a caravan of merchants. "The rest of the royal family survived the attack on Orleans and moved to a safe location. Apparently, the Marshal de Rais has been dispatched with a battalion of soldiers to help quell the chaos."

Damascus
Admin

https://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Search for the Dragon Slayer Empty Re: The Search for the Dragon Slayer

Post by fuyumin Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:21 pm

Phillipus clapped his hands together, pleased. "Excellent! Do you know where to? No, probably not, that should be privileged information." He clasped his hands behind his back and paced idly in thought.

The Pendragons stood with their heads together, hiding Roman's map behind an enchanted parchment. Mordred looked up with a smile.

"I'm glad they're safe, even if we're technically enemies right now." The Caster smiled back.

"Yes! Not only the royal family, but de Rais! His knowledge about Saint Jeanne will be indispensable-" he held his chin in a hand, stroking pensively "-and perhaps if anyone could cut through her rage..." Mordred frowned, brow furrowed.

"So he's just going to be a pawn? What about his feelings? His heart must be breaking. If anything, we should offer him shelter from this mess, however brief." Phillipus paused his pacing, meeting Mordred's gaze.

"I know it's a shrewd thought, but..." He closed his eyes and sighed. "You're right. We know what it's like to just be a soldier in someone else's game. If we cross paths with the Marshal, we'll see what he's willing to do, and no more." Mordred nodded in approval.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:18 pm

Avalon agreed, and voiced another thought, "I have an idea. We have records of mages going way back right? Maybe we could find some and have them summon some servants to help out."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:29 pm

Artoria agreed with both Phillipus and Mordred. "If he counts this Jeanne d'Arc as an enemy, then he would make a valuable ally. I suppose we won't know for sure until we meet him."

Dr. Roman, listening to Avalon, piped up. "We don't have records like that in Chaldea. The Mage's Association kept records like that, but almost exclusively on paper. Although, if they did have a computer database like that, it probably wouldn't be running anymore."

"But, if that Servant you're looking for has a Master, they might know where you could find more magi!"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:36 pm

"Well okay but surely we know of some of the families that might have been around? Like super popular ones?"
Aaron cursed, "Almost too bad Julian is probably dead he'd be super useful right now..."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:41 pm

"Ah, not this far back, sorry... This is before the time of even the Einzberns. The only name that comes to mind would be Francois Prelati, who should be in France around this time. But, I wouldn't look for him, as he's the one who helped Gilles de Rais with his murder spree."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:50 pm

"Ewwwwwwww~!" Aaron said, making a face. Avalon scoffed at him with a smirk.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:07 am

Artoria scowled. "I can't believe a man would do such a thing. I understand this is de Rais from before that time, but... it's still the same person. Perhaps he won't make such a good ally after all."

Meanwhile, Dr. Roman tapped away on his personal computer. "I wonder if Magi☆Mari will have any ideas..." From the view of the others in the control room, he opened what looked like an ask blog with an anime magical girl on it.

Mashu overheard the comment and looked perturbed. "Doctor, you're a gross person."

"Oh, come on!" Roman protested. "She's a pretty advanced AI, you know?"

"I'm going to delete it."

Roman pouted. "You've become so mean..."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:09 am

Lazarus raised an eyebrow at the screen, "What....is?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:12 am

Roman chuckled awkwardly. "She's a net idol! Rather, she's an AI as smart as any human being. I ask her for advice when I'm in a tough pinch!"

"Roman, this is why women don't like you."

"Hey! Me having bad luck with girls and being a Magi☆Mari fan has nothing to do with each other, okay?!"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:16 am

Phillipus sighed. "If it were fifty years from now, I could just write myself an inquiry under a pen name to find other magi, or even Leo."

Chiaki blushed silently at Mashuu's comment and hid behind a digital tablet. Astolfo hopped happily behind Roman. "I like Magi Mari and I don't have any trouble with girls or boys!! Oh!! Can they hear me??" Astolfo ran towards the communicator.

"Hi everybody!! Say hello to my descendants for me! Remember your bows!!"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:21 am

Lazarus' face lit up, "I would have to disagree! From what I know of social sciences, a lot of things about this situation are off putting to most females! For example, this woman that you like is clearly very cute, but she seems to fit a standard that's difficult for most women to achieve, and when a prospective partner sees this, they can sometimes feel as if you have a body goal that they can't live up to! Furthermore, her features are rather childlike, which can come off just a bit creepy. It's nice that you enjoy that she is 'as smart as any human being' but not only is that also a little intimidating, but she is still meant to serve you, which most women also do not like. Adding in your general lack of motivation unless greatly pressed, and your necessity to ask her information in a pinch even though you are a doctor, it's clear to me that this MagiMari is not the entire problem but definitely a large factor in your inability to appeal to the female gender!" Lazarus patted Roman's shoulder, feeling good that he had imparted helpful information to his friend.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:27 am

Chiaki's jaw dropped slightly. Roasted. I mean... it's not like he was wrong, but... damn Dad!!

Astolfo danced slightly in the background, swinging his hips and ticking his fingers. "That's why Phillipus didn't let me go away with strange men! I wouldn't let him stop me from going out with you though, Dr. Roman~!"

Chiaki coughed lightly. "A-Anyways, if I recall correctly, Gilles de Rais only fell into dark occult practices years after the death of Jeanne d'Arc, meaning that there could still be time to, well, 'save' him, at least in the Singularity. Considering the heightened anti-Magi sentiments of a more religious century, though, most practitioners are almost definitely in hiding and may have even fled the region into kingdoms to the north and west. Unfortunately, you probably have your work cut out for you."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:31 am

Avalon shrugged, "It was a thought. Go ahead and ask your waifu though Roman."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:33 am

Mari snorted crudely with a smirk.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:40 am

Roman buried his head in his arms in despair. "I feel so attacked right now..."

"Doctor. I won't meddle in the hobbies of a soon-to-be 30-year-old bachelor, but please don't neglect your duties."

Da Vinci's face was screwed up trying to hold back laughter, and steered to the topic away to try and control herself. "I think Chiaki's got the right idea. It was Jeanne's death that really started Gilles' descent into madness, but that was only a few days ago. Ally with him if you can."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:42 am

Lazarus continued to 'comfort' Roman with lectures about how it was clearly his own insecurities making him feel so attacked, and giving him tips on how to form new behavioral habits.

"Thanks Leo!" Avalon said, and the group continued on their way.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:53 am

A few hours later, Lyon came into sight over the hillsides. To their horror, the first thing they saw were large pillars of smoke rising from the town. The city was burning, and smaller wyverns flew freely in the air above the town, still wrecking houses and chasing people down.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:06 am

After some discussion, it was decided Aaron would sneak in and get a closer look at the situation, as his vine would allow him to heal much more quickly and they didn't want any servants close by to avoid detection. He started off towards the town. When he entered he detected the weak presence of only one servant. He followed it to the center. Dragons flew overhead, seemingly having destroyed what was once a substantial church. Under the pile of rubble that remained was the presence of the servant. Aaron quickly sent a message summoning his allies, suggesting that perhaps Phillipus send Darius ahead with a command spell, and when he appeared, he began to quickly begin uncovering the servant beneath.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:15 am

Phillipus followed along, streaking behind Darius as fast as he could with his arms full of healing potions, a spell ready on the tip of his tongue. Mordred joined him to act as a line of defense between them and the wyverns.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:16 am

With little effort between the two of them, they were quickly able to uncover the Servant underneath the rubble.

The Search for the Dragon Slayer Latest?cb=20130928130417

The tall greatsword weilder looked badly wounded, bleeding heavily from a wound in his back, which was wholly exposed by his armor. He had used his body to protect a young French man from the collapse, one who had Command Spells on one hand. Though he was alive, he was also badly hurt, with several limbs broken and an eye missing.

When he was free of the rubble, the Saber struggled to his feet, looking totally dizzy and disoriented. He swung around to see Darius looming over him, and quickly brought his sword up in defense.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:18 am

Aaron immediately shot off a healing spell to the wounded Master. Darius remained firm, but took a step back, bowing his head slightly and with his hands open, showing he meant no harm.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:19 am

As soon as Phillipus opened his mouth, another healing spell triggered off. "Please, stay your blade. We have potions for you. I am Phillip of Swysse, and you are?" He offered both the Master and Saber flasks.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:24 am

Saber didn't seem to understand the question, his eyes unfocused and his limbs wobbling. "Urgh..." He lowered his blade hesitantly and stumbled toward Philipus, reaching for a potion. His aura was so weak that it looked like he might expire at any moment. Even after drinking the potion, the wound on his back didn't heal as much as Philipus expected.

The Master, though mostly healed of his critical wounds, didn't awake immediately, his body still in shock from the heavy injuries.

Meanwhile, out on the edge of town, the Servants that had stayed behind noticed a shape approaching from the northeast, from the way they had come. A huge, winged shape coming toward Lyon at high speed.

"It's that huge dragon from before!" Artoria shouted, raising her sword.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:27 am

Avalon sent a message ahead, and Aaron growled in frustration and turned to the new Saber, "Okay look, we'll take care of your master. You need to get into spirit form before you blow away."
Darius turned and unsheathed his axes, ready to meet the dragon.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next