Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Church on the Hill

3 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Church on the Hill - Page 2 Empty Re: The Church on the Hill

Post by Damascus Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:10 pm

Kirei looked between them in deep thought, while behind him, Risei frowned irritably at the prospect.

"I apologize. I wasn't lying when I said that Assassin was a weak Servant." The surrounding Assassins shot him irritated glares, but Kirei continued without missing a beat. "One of my Assassins made an attempt on Rider's Master's life, but was intercepted. By the time the next nearest Assassin arrived, the battle was already over. I wish they could have been of more use. As it stands, though, you did very well. We have a great deal of information of our enemies."

"As for Rider," he went on. "Though I'm sure he has his uses, I don't believe I can sustain the mana of three active Servants. More importantly, I only have two remaining Command Spells. Having more Servants than Command Spells would be unwise at best."

Damascus
Admin

https://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:13 pm

"Then, my lord, might I stay for a while to recuperate? I shan't take up more of your time than necessary." Rider bowed slightly, polite.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:46 pm

Atalanta thought for a moment, gaze floating to the side of the room. She would much prefer Rider as her companion. This was a battle after all. While assassin was good for getting information, she would prefer if he were out of the way. Her face lit up as she had an idea. "If I may, Master," she began, bowing. "I truly believe that Rider would be more use to us strategically than Assassin, though I won't deny they have their uses." She straightened her posture, exuding confidence. "I suggest, after Rider recuperates, a tournament.The first to die, of course, will be counted out of the running." She hoped Rider would agree to this. He didn't have much choice. She believed one of them could definitely defeat Assasin, though they were many. "You would, of course, decide who would battle who and in what order."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:01 pm

"A tournament?" Kirei echoed incredulously.  "What kind of--"

He paused.  A tournament between Servants?  At first thought, it seemed a ridiculous idea.  But, what would he have to lose?  Assassin, of course, were honorable Servants, eager to prove their worth.  And Rider had no choice to accept, or be left to die without a mana source.  And whichever Servants won, he benefited.

"I have seen you hold your own against three enemy Servants, so I have no doubt as to your ability.  So, I propose an alternative.  Rider against Assassin.  If Rider is truly worthy of a Servant, he should be able to face all of Assassin's might."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:07 pm

" I don't feel like that's fair. I should have to fight for my place just as the others do. However, if it's whta you wish, you are the master, and I will not challenge you." She turned to Rider. "Do you accept?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:30 pm

Rider paused a moment, then steeled himself, breathing deeply. "I must. I will!" He nodded, concise and determined, eyes bright. "I accept."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:32 pm

Atalanta nodded. "As I said, it's only fair that he be allowed to recuperate first. He may rest in my room until he is ready. Is that satisfactory?" she asked Kirei

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:37 pm

He nodded. "Of course. Let me know when you are ready. I will make arrangements."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:40 pm

Atalanta nodded and led Rider to her lodgings in the church. They were simple, but sufficient. "Is there anything I can get you? We have plenty of food and drink. I could make some tea." she pulled the blankets on the bed back for him so that he could comfortably settle.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:02 am

Risei grumbled irritably as Archer and Rider left. "Are you sure this is a good idea? The Church is already bending the rules enough as it is."

Kirei stared back dispassionately at his father. "The only ones who make the rules are the Church and the Grail. I do not think the Grail will care much about how the Servants kill each other. And with two Servants on our side, I don't expect we'll weather very many complaints from the other Masters."

He left before waiting for his father's response, returning to his own room.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:10 pm

Archer climbed into the strange bed. It was softer than Fuyumi's, but hers had smelled like lavender fields and vanilla.

"No, I... I think I will be fine, thank you. But, um... would you mind staying here? With me?"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:17 pm

"Of course I will. Feel free to wake me if you need anything during the night." Atalanta climbed into bed with the young looking servant and pulled the covers snugly over them both. "Sweet dreams."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:20 pm

"Thank you, Miss Atalanta." Rider curled in to himself, eyes drifting closed. Tears pricked like pins at the corners, and for the first time in what felt like ages, he allowed himself to cry.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:27 pm

Atalanta said nothing, but wrapped her arms around him to comfort him. She remembered when she was a child, how she had cried, and how her mother bear had wrapped around her, letting her pull at her fur and sob into her warmth. When that bear had died, she had wished more than anything that someone had been there to hold her. She fathomed that the death of this servant's master must have been similar, so she provided as much comfort as she could in the ways she knew how.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:41 pm

Rider slipped into sleep after all his emotion had been spent, comforted and quiet. He was fully recovered, at least physically, deep into the night.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:00 pm

After the sun had been down for several hours, Kirei returned to Archer's room. He knocked lightly.

"I've made preparations, whenever you are ready."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:03 pm

Rider rolled over and gently shook Atalanta's shoulder. "They're expecting us, it's time to go."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:05 pm

Archer awoke calmly, with no trouble. She gently slipped out of bed and helped Rider out as well, as he had been sandwiched between her and the wall. She gave him a smile "I know you can defeat him. I look forward to working with you."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:10 pm

Rider nodded with a determined grin, fiercely confident. "There's no room for doubt! I'll do whatever it takes!"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:16 pm

Archer led the other servant to where Kirei and Risei waited with Assassin.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:31 pm

Kirei and Risei, accompanied by a single Assassin, led the pair of them down the road away from the church.

"It took some time to gather every Assassin in one place, but they are all eager to prove their worth. However, we would not wish for any enemy Servants to take advantage of this contest and get the drop on us."

At the end of the road, at the very edge of the city, a long black limousine awaited. He opened the rear doors for Archer and Rider while Risei sat in the driver's seat.

"I've picked out an area about 10 miles outside the city for our competition. Assassin will make sure we are not followed."

He nodded to Assassin, who responded with a short bow before vanishing into the shadows.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:34 pm

Rider's eyes widened. "How many Assassins will there be?" He slid into the limousine, prodding at the smooth upholstery.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:39 pm

Archer followed Rider into the limousine. She was slightly anxious, but would not show it. She was also excited to witness this contest.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:44 pm

Kirei stepped into the passenger seat and turned back toward Rider. "If you really wish to know, I can tell you how many there are. Or, it can be part of the challenge. Your choice."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:48 pm

Archer smirked. "You do not need to know.You can defeat however many there are." Atalanta declared confidently.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next