Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The City in Flames

3 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The City in Flames - Page 3 Empty Re: The City in Flames

Post by fuyumin Sat May 06, 2017 11:31 pm

"I'm the one who killed the others?" They stared hard at the ground, thinking. "Then the explosion... My Phantasm? No, that would be a line, not an explosion." They sheathed Clarent and raised their hands.

"We're from another time, in the future. This world is an anomaly that we were sent to fix." Phillipus removed his robe and folded it, placing it under Aaron's head before standing with the others.

"That's right. We're not the same Masters and Servants you've met here, but our mission is to right history and fix the Singularities - pockets of time where history is corrupted or changed - to prevent the end of the world. We need your help."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat May 06, 2017 11:38 pm

Semiramis breathed a sigh of relief. "Alright then. That doesn't make much sense, but I'll do what I can. I'll tell you what I know."

"Right about at the beginning of the War, this guy named Lazarus called all the Masters to a meeting at his place--the Tohsaka mansion. I wasn't invited, but I sensed everyone else meeting up, and decided to follow them. He started talking about having everyone cooperate."

"But he barely got started when... Some crazy fireball came straight through the mansion. Killed all the Masters instantly. The power behind it, and the way it spread out all over the city, it had to be a Magus, but I never saw who was responsible. The Servants scattered, just trying to survive on what little mana they had."

"Then something crazier happened. Saber--the other you" she added, nodding at Mordred. "Just... went crazy. I dunno what happened to her, but she showed up looking all... black. Corrupted. And crazy powerful. She started taking out all the other Servants like it was nothing. Killed everyone but me."

"But that wasn't it. She used some kind of magic to sort of... bring them back to life. Like shadows of their former selves. She ordered them to search the city for something, but I don't know what. And ordered them to kill any surviving humans they found."

Damascus
Admin

https://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat May 06, 2017 11:40 pm

Avalon just stared wide eyed for several moments. "Okay...what do we do then?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat May 06, 2017 11:43 pm

"We find the other me, get information, and fix this for the sake of those remaining." Mordred looked over their shoulder at Artoria. "Think we can handle this, Your Highness?"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat May 06, 2017 11:48 pm

Artoria nodded confidently. "Of course. It would help if we knew what they were looking for. You have no idea, Assassin?"

Semiramis shook her head. "I don't know what's even left in this town. No humans left alive. I know that Archer's hanging around the Church, and Lancer's further west near the edge of town. Berserker's wandering around the forest. Saber still couldn't even control him, but he's still blackened, so I recommend just avoiding him."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat May 06, 2017 11:49 pm

Avalon sighed, "Okay. Let's get going we HAVE to find out who did this." just then Olga's portable computer beeped. Lazarus was on the other end.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat May 06, 2017 11:51 pm

Olga picked up and felt a bit more relief seeing Lazarus' face. "Good to see someone a bit more competent than Roman survived. How is Chaldea?"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat May 06, 2017 11:52 pm

"Well, the control room and rayshift floor don't look too great at the moment. But the fires we had are extinguished for now. Please, update me so I can assist you. Also hello everyone! I hope you're doing alright!"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sat May 06, 2017 11:56 pm

Olga nodded. "Here's what we can surmise so far. You of the past called a meeting for all the Masters at the beginning of the War, but someone bombed the mansion and set fire to the city, killing all the humans in Fuyuki. Saber turned black and killed the other Servants, then brought them back as thralls or something. The only one that made it out was Assassin; she says Saber and her goons are searching the city for something now, but she doesn't know what."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sat May 06, 2017 11:57 pm

Phillipus raced over. "Is everyone stable?? Is Leo's arm back?? How are the children and Astolfo?" Chiaki sighed lightly.

"We are adults now, we can handle ourselves..." Phillipus tutted.

"I've known you since you were infants, and I have my memories. I'm allowed to fuss." She giggled.

"All right, all right. It's sweet of you to ask." Her demeanor shifted, however, listening to Olgamarie.

"Black? Do you think it could be like... Corruption from Angra Mainyu? Does anyone there know about Avenger?"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sat May 06, 2017 11:58 pm

Lazarus took the information in, "Alright! My recommendation will be to lay low, and send the servants out to trail the other servants until they find what they're looking for..." with Chiaki's comment he perked up, "Yes! Oh! We know where the greater grail is now. Perhaps check that!"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun May 07, 2017 12:02 am

"Avenger?" Olga asked. "Greater Grail?"

"I don't know the specifics," Artoria said. "But the Greater Grail is still corrupted at this point in the War."

"Where is this Greater Grail?"

Artoria pointed off to the west. "Under Ryuudou Temple. Should we check there first?"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sun May 07, 2017 12:04 am

"Yes! Please be cautious and call me if you need me! I will keep working on things here. Olga, is there anything you can tell me to assist with the masters here? The ones who survived have all gone into comas and their souls are very unstable."

As Lazarus spoke to Olga, Avalon asked Darius to kindly pick up and carry Aaron and moved the team along towards the temple.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sun May 07, 2017 12:08 am

Phillipus nodded to Darius in thanks, conjuring a blanket to wrap around Aaron. He mentally paged through his notes.

"Medea and Daichi were the ones who found the Greater Grail under Ryuudou. If she was corrupted and made loyal to whatever's effecting the other Servants, she'd tell them right away if that's what they're seeking, one would assume. We should be on our guard."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sun May 07, 2017 12:10 am

"I think being on our guard is just a given by now," As she walked, she conjured a rank A whirlwind shield around the group.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun May 07, 2017 12:10 am

Olga thought. "Hmm... Perhaps we could fiddle with Trismegistus to try and stabilize their souls again, but it's not really outfitted for that. In the meantime, we can keep them medically stable. If you encounter any problems, we can place them into cryogenic stasis in emergency."

The group made their way to the Temple to find yet another Servant waiting for them. Scathach waited at the top of the steps with her lance hanging over one shoulder. She frowned. "You're going to have to turn around. Saber can't be disturbed right now."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sun May 07, 2017 12:11 am

Avalon didn't even bother to speak with her, she commanded Artoria to attack. Darius set Aaron down gently and charged towards her as well.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun May 07, 2017 12:18 am

They dispatched Scathach easily enough and made their way into the cave system. As they descended, they felt dark energy wafting up toward them. Somehow, it was even stronger than they remembered from the Greater Grail.

They saw the towering, corrupted Grail before them. Before it stood a figure in black armor, facing away from them. Saber turned around as they entered, glaring down at them.

The City in Flames - Page 3 CrQwgdTVUAA5G5W

They were silent for several moments, before coming slowly down the hill toward them, raising their sword and preparing for battle.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sun May 07, 2017 12:21 am

Mordred unsheathed Clarent, brandishing the sword and rolling their shoulder back. "You know me. I know you. Why are you doing this?"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun May 07, 2017 12:28 am

This Saber was the first one that didn't seem in the least surprised to see them. They did, however, stop to consider their mirror image standing in front of them.

"Why?" they echoed, incredulously. "Why?! What do you mean, why?! Did you already forget your wish for the Grail?!" They seethed silently. "You know what I'm talking about. And yet, here you stand. Alongside..." They bared their teeth. "...Father."

A chill ran up Artoria's spine. She didn't know how she should feel right now, standing alongside one Mordred and staring down another.

"But it didn't work. I have the Grail in my hands, and it's not letting me go back!" They closed their eyes. "Because this is a Singularity, and I can't leave it."

Saber started forward again. "But I have to make it work. Even if I have to destroy the world to do it."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sun May 07, 2017 12:31 am

They thrust Clarent towards the mirror Saber.

"You fool!! Our rebellion was for the people!! What did Tristan say? The king doesn't know the hearts of men, and now you have the gall to run after glory, leaving death in your wake! The crown wasn't worth this the first time! The Grail doesn't even grant the wishes of Servants, it would never matter!"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun May 07, 2017 12:34 am

"No!" they screamed. "You're wrong! It has to work! After everything I've done so far! He said it would work!"

Energy gathered around Saber's sword as she charged.

Turn 1

Servant Initiative

A:
B: Mordred, Mordred Alter, Darius
C: Paracelsus, Medea, Artoria
D: Iskander

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sun May 07, 2017 12:38 am

"If you don't believe me, actions speak louder than words! Come, Mordred!" Saber sprinted towards the alter, Clarent at the ready.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sun May 07, 2017 1:02 am

Having waited while the Mordred's discussed, Artoria and Darius rushed her as well.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun May 07, 2017 5:44 pm

[[Actually got initiative wrong, Mordred Alter is one rank higher]]

Turn 1

Servant Initiative

A: Mordred Alter
B: Mordred, Darius
C: Paracelsus, Artoria, Semiramis, Mashu
D:

Mordred roared and charged in, swinging Clarent at her alter ego.

Damascus carried out 1 launched of one The City in Flames - Page 3 S0oprR4 (CLASH.) :
The City in Flames - Page 3 SsExZ0s

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next