Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Glorious Return!

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Glorious Return! - Page 2 Empty Re: A Glorious Return!

Post by fuyumin Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:37 pm

"Is there anything you'd like to experience before then? We'll be approaching the final battle by tomorrow night, and I would not wish you to pass without some comfort. I have many questions for posterity as well, but you need not push yourself."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:40 pm

"I have already experienced much. Saber took me around town for the first couple days of the war, and it was a lovely experience. There's really nothing else left I wish to do."

"I suppose I can answer some of your questions. I may not have all the answers you seek, though."

Damascus
Admin

https://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:43 pm

He smiled kindly. "I'm glad you were afforded that peace. As for the questions... surely you must realize at least a part of how unique you are? You are a homunculus, a fabrication of mortal men, yet you have free will. You have feelings and independent thoughts. How much do you know about the Einzberns and their ability to accomplish this?"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:49 pm

"I know only a little. I do know that when I was first created, I was much like every other homonculi; I had no autonomy, free will, or desires. I was just a tool for the Grail War."

"I don't know exactly how or why it happened. Marnin started educating me about the outer world, and I gradually developed a self-consciousness. Even my 'father' was surprised by my rapid development. Maybe it has something to do with the Grail."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:53 pm

The tip of Caster's fountain pen scratched softly against paper, notes forming in ink as she spoke. "Perhaps. I've made homunculi before, and none have shown your level of sophistication." He paused. "How does it... feel?"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:55 pm

"Feel?" Einzbern echoed. "I guess that's a hard question to answer. I've never known anything else except being myself."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:59 pm

"That's what I'd like to know. Knowing the sorts of thoughts and self-awareness a homunculus can have is vital in considering the ethics of their creation and treatment. People see them as tools, like hammers and nails, but hammers and nails don't feel. As ability progresses, homunculi will get more sophisticated, so it's incredibly important to figure it out before it's too late."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:08 am

"I don't feel very different from what I've heard humans are like. I have my own wants and desires, and fears. Physically and genetically speaking, I'm not too different from a human either. We're sort of like clones, created with the genetic material of our ancestor Justeaze. We're not perfect copies, but share similar bodies and personalities."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:12 am

"How do you feel about your role in the War?"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:16 am

"Well... I know I don't have to accept being used as a tool like this, having free will. But I knew from the beginning that I didn't really have a choice. I don't really care about the Grail myself, or restoring the Third Magic. But I hoped I could help Marnin win it. He seemed like a good person." She looked down at the carpet sadly. "He wanted to save his wife."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:19 am

Caster frowned in sympathy and nodded. "There are many with honorable wishes in each War, but only one winner. It is a great shame."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:22 am

She nodded, then looked up at him. "What is your wish?"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:25 am

"For good health to be a reality for all mankind. For no man to suffer without a good doctor, for no illness to thrive without a cure. My life's work was based around freedom and wellness for all, and I have no reason to shy away from that now."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:30 am

Irisviel smiled, then giggled quietly to herself. "That's a very noble wish. I think you four seem like good people. At least much better than that strange priest. I don't know what his wish for the Grail must be, but it can't be anything good. When I looked at him I just saw... emptiness."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:34 am

Caster shook his head. "Something about him is certainly unnerving. I hope that you'll be safe here, I know I'll be trying my best to keep it that way. Has Lazarus already asked you any questions?" He smiled slightly, fond. "He's hardly the type to hold back if an opportunity presents itself."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:36 am

She smiled back. "He hasn't yet, but I'll be happy to answer his questions as well, to the best of my ability."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:38 am

"Wonderful! I'll send him in, and thank you for being so patient." He looked at a spot directly in front of him quizzically, pinched the air with his thumb and forefinger, and slowly pulled downward, a flower blooming into existence. He grinned and offered it to her with a sweeping bow before making his leave.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:43 am

Irisviel giggled. "How lovely!" She took the flower gingerly, holding it carefully between her weak fingers. "Thank you. Gute Nacht, mein Freund."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:49 am

Caster was smiling warmly and humming a tune as he descended the stairs. "Lazarus, Fraulein Einzbern is still in good spirits if you'd like to ask her anything in particular. I doubt she knows much of the ritual of her creation, but I took quite a few notes regarding her development and personal feelings."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:57 am

Lazarus didn't hear his friend, as he was now completely absorbed in his own recording of the history they were making. After at least a minute had passed, he replied, "I'm sure you would have asked anything that I would have. However I am glad she was in good spirits!" His barely legible handwriting had filled ten pages front and back of a notebook already. One almost hoped he could still read it when he was finished. It was odd to see such messy writing from a mage who could draw a nigh perfect circle for a ritual.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:03 am

He sighed with near-affection. "I just want to be absolutely sure I didn't miss anything, but I wouldn't want to interrupt your current project either. Oh, would you like me to prepare notes of my memories as well? I know I haven't quite the earthly experience you do, but it could be useful for coming wars or research, should the worst happen."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2