Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Search for the Dragon Slayer

3 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: The Search for the Dragon Slayer

Post by fuyumin Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:25 pm

Mordred gritted their teeth, glaring into the sky. "I will not fall, beast!!"

They jumped up piles of rubble and half-walls, then threw themselves at the dragon, swinging their blade through the air with one hand and reaching for purchase with the other!

fuyumin carried out 1 launched of one The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 S0oprR4 (CLASH.) :
The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 BRGF2wg

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: The Search for the Dragon Slayer

Post by Damascus Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:30 pm

Mordred
HP: 400/500
MP: 175/400

Damascus carried out 1 launched of one The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 S0oprR4 (CLASH.) :
The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 SsExZ0s

Damascus
Admin

https://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:36 pm

Mordred leaped up to the dragon, but as she tried to find something to hold onto, the dragon rolled over in the air, just slipping out of her grasp.

As the knight fell back down to the ground, there was a shimmer in the air beside Darius as the Saber reappeared.

"I see," he grumbled, seeming slightly recovered. "I understand now. This is why I have been summoned." He leveled his greatsword at the dragon high above. "It's been a long time, hasn't it, Fafnir?"

The dragon spotted the Saber far below, but rather than swoop in for the kill, a strange look of fear crossed its face, if that were even possible.

Saber took his sword in both hands and charged it with power. "Even if you live a second time, you shall die by my hand a second time!"

He swung the sword over his head. "You shall fall in one strike!"

"BALMUNG!!"

Siegfried v Fafnir:
Damascus carried out 2 launched of one The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 S0oprR4 (CLASH.) :
The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 BRGF2wg , The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 BRGF2wg

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:38 pm

A semi-circular wave of white energy radiated from his sword into the air, traveling much faster than Clarent Blood Arthur had a moment ago. Fafnir leaned back and tried to slip out of the way, but wasn't fast enough.

Fafnir
HP: 360/1,000

It screamed in pain as the wave washed over it, dragon blood splattering out of a large wound. Careening awkwardly in the air, it spun around and moved to flee the battle.

Turn 1

Servant Initiative

A: Dragon
B: Mordred, Darius, Unknown Saber
C: Paracelsus, Artoria
D: Mashu

[[Darius and Philipus can still get some attacks in if they want to stop it]]

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Darius sprinted towards the dragon, taking another great leap and swinging down with both axes

Kittenboxxing carried out 1 launched of one The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 S0oprR4 (CLASH.) :

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Damascus carried out 1 launched of one The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 S0oprR4 (CLASH.) :

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:43 pm

The dragon took some more light damage form Darius' axes.

Fafnir
HP: 335/1,000

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:47 pm

Mordred rolled into the fall and, quick as a flash, ran towards Darius. "Wait!!"

Before the Berserker could begin running, Mordred leaped onto his back. When Darius's jump was at its apex, after the axes swung down, the Saber pushed off as hard as they could and swung!

fuyumin carried out 1 launched of one The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 S0oprR4 (CLASH.) :
The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 BRGF2wg

Between Mordred's daring and the new Saber's skill, Phillipus was in awe. Siegfried!! The Siegfried! By God, how many young boys of the village had pretended to be the fearless dragon-slayer? How could he have not known??

He shook himself to focus on the battle at hand and sent two more stones careening towards the beast.

fuyumin carried out 2 launched of one The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 S0oprR4 (CLASH.) :
The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 SsExZ0s , The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 SsExZ0s

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:54 pm

Damascus carried out 2 launched of one The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 S0oprR4 (CLASH.) :
The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 BRGF2wg , The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 SsExZ0s

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:55 pm

One stone hit, with the other one making a glancing blow.

Fafnir
HP: 260/1,000

With another roar of pain, it beat its wings hard and launched off back toward Orleans, speeding over Mashu and Artoria, who had just reached the edge of town.

As soon as the dragon was gone, Siegfried dropped his sword and collapsed on the ground, nearly unconscious.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:59 pm

Before it could get too far out of range, Artoria had one last chance to be rid of the damned serpent once and for all. She raised her sword in both hands as it sailed overhead. It was moving so fast that she aimed her Noble Phantasm for where it would be, and launched it.

"EX-CALIBUUUUUUR!"

Artoria v Fafnir:
The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 SsExZ0s , The Search for the Dragon Slayer - Page 3 SsExZ0s

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:00 pm

Aaron stared down at him with worry, and also to the unconcious master. Even though mana still flowed between them he wasn't sure if it was safe to leave a servant so low on mana, and he himself had no way to transfer it to either of them without breaching some very serious boundaries.

Last edited by Kittenboxxing on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:01 pm

For a second, Artoria was afraid it would miss, but just as Fafnir was almost out of range, the golden beam of light streaked up into its underside.

Fafnir
HP: 0/1,000

The dragon screamed as a blast of golden energy enveloped it, before it went crashing to the ground. The earth shook as it landed, forming a neat crater and showering Artoria and the Masters with dirt and pebbles.

Artoria leaned on her sword wearily and looked out the town. With Siegfried's appearance, the other wyverns were fleeing the town in a panic.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:06 pm

Darius laughed and persued the wyverns, bringing several down with his axe for sport, chasing them as if he was catching butterflies in a field. Avalon cheered and gave Artoria a congratulatory hug.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:10 pm

Phillipus looked over the Master and Servant, writing notes. "Leave them to me, I'll make sure they're looked after. Look for other survivors, we can set up triage if there's anyone else left."

Mordred made their way over to Artoria and Avalon and clapped Artoria approvingly on the shoulder with a nod and a smile. Though they were exhausted from the fight, the threat was conquered in the end.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:19 pm

Artoria smiled a little. "Thank you. I'm a little worried I'm using this too much. But, well... it does work well."

They caught up with the others in town shortly thereafter. After about 10 minutes of care, while Phillipus treated the other survivors of the town, both Saber and his Master came to.

The Master sat up and rubbed his head, feeling his wounds. His left eye couldn't be saved, but his broken limbs were healed.

Saber groaned as he recovered. "Thank you for taking care of me... I'm sorry to be a burden."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:23 pm

"Don't even worry about it, " Aaron assured, "you saved our asses, so thank you." he turned to the master, "So, I'm Aaron. Who might you be?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:24 pm

Phillipus was between the two on his knees. He eased the Master back down onto his folded robes with a hand, voice gentle.

"Not too fast. A concussion after what you went through is inevitable." He passed a beam of light through a spare gem and watched the man's pupils closely, only satisfied when he saw the response he was hoping for. Once the Saber was upright, he looked over his shoulder.

"Please, it's no trouble. If anything, it's..." He grinned, sheepish. "It's an honor."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:26 pm

The man rubbed his head. "I am Édouard Vial. Thank you for saving me."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:29 pm

By some miracle, Aaron was able to hold himself back from embarassing Phillipus, and offered the man a hand, "Nice to meet you. Would you like to accompany us? We're en route to Jeanne to try and fix this mess."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:34 pm

"We could use another hand on the road, and I must say it's very brave of you to accept an undertaking like summoning a Heroic Spirit in these times."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:35 pm

"To Jeanne? You mean to take her down? That sounds like a tall order." He scanned the group and their many Servants. "Though you did take out that giant dragon. I'm sorry, I should not be so afraid. She destroyed my town and killed my family. Of course I'll do anything I can to help."

He gestured to Artoria and Darius. "So you are... like Saber? What did he call it? 'Servants?'"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:43 pm

"I think heroic spirits is a better word. The whole servant thing was born from other people's superiority complexes, but no worries." With help from the others he did his best to sum up how summoning people worked and how the grail came to be and the usual circumstances under which servants appeared. "So, how did you come to know Sigfried?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:43 pm

"We are Heroic Spirits, legendary figures from across time whose feats are held in such high regard we have life beyond death, and skills that can even surpass what we were capable of in life. We can be called upon by gifted Magi as Servants."

Phillipus nodded curiously. "Do tell, if you don't mind sharing?"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:49 pm

"I see," he said, nodding along to their explanation. "Well, a few days ago I received these Command Spells, but I did not know what they meant. Jeanne's dragons started ravaging the countryside soon after." He paused and looked morose. "My family died when the dragons attacked Lyon. In desperation, I cried out for help, and Saber appeared. He fended off the dragons and saved the people of this town."

"From what he told me, he would normally be summoned for a Holy Grail War, but this is something of an irregular summoning. All the better, in my opinion. I have no interest in any Grail. I just want to protect my homeland."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next