Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unfinished Business

3 posters

Go down

Unfinished Business Empty Unfinished Business

Post by Damascus Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:57 pm

Yui waited several days for Ayaka to recuperate from her ordeal with her sister. Thankfully, having been unconscious for most of it, she got over it relatively fast. Once she was comfortable, Yui and Lazarus sat down with her to ask her what she knew about Zouken.

"His body is made out of Worms. He can't be killed by normal means. Even if his body is destroyed, any worms remaining can simply reform it by devouring a human being. As long as his soul exists, he can regenerate himself."

"The only way to kill him is destroy all his Worms at the same time. Most of them reside in his body and in the Matou mansion. The rest are inside my body, fused to my nervous system. And the master Worm... the one carrying his soul..." She shuddered and put a hand to her chest. "It's in my heart."

Damascus
Admin

https://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Unfinished Business Empty Re: Unfinished Business

Post by fuyumin Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:08 pm

Mari was sitting on the bed, her arm around Ayaka's shoulders. She punched the keys on her phone furiously until her father's name showed up, then pressed "call," turning on speakerphone. There was a click on the other end of the line.

"Moshi moshi? Mari-chan? Is Ayaka there too? How are you? I'm so relieved you called..." Hideto sounded pleased and more than a little relieved, but Mari scowled.

"The worms, they're keeping the old man alive? Would he put something like that in Ayaka-chan's heart?" A pause, then a quiet sigh.

"Mmn. Part of the Matou crest of magic is the worms themselves - to learn every aspect, you have to accept them into yourself. I used to have them, until I got my head on straight. Once they're removed, you have to re-learn all of your magic from scratch - but it's worth it, to be away from that bastard."

"I got a surgeon your ma knows to take them out for me. The heart, though... That's going to take someone with a lotta talent. Don't hold back with the budget, we'll do whatever it takes to help." Mari squeezed Ayaka closer, face resolute.

"Damn right. We'll take out every last squirmy fucker until he has nowhere to run."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:17 pm

Julian raised a hand, "I can help with the surgery. I actually have experience with magical objects attatched to the body's systems, as you may have noticed." Aaron nodded brightly, proud of his husband. Though he did fidget with his clothes a bit. Though what Julian had done was impressive, it wasn't the most pleasant experience.

"Well, we are at least lucky to know where it is! If we need to destroy them all at once, we're going to require a concentrated effort with a combined surgery and attack. Are you willing to let us try this Ayaka?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:22 pm

"I dunno..." Ayaka wrung her hands. "He gave me all the worms to pass on the Matou magecraft, but the one in my heart... that's there for leverage. So that I can never get away from him. If he figures out you're going after him, he can command the worms to devour me from the inside out. Or just have the master worm rip a hole in my heart." He looked at Julian nervously. "He said that even he wouldn't be able to remove the worms once they've fused to my system, and he's been practicing for 500 years."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:25 pm

"It sounds like a transplant may be necessary. Either way, I'm willing to assist." Phillipus closed his eyes, lips pressed into a hard line. All of the potential and hope in that man, wasted. He turned to Aaron and Julian, curious.

"You're the one who implanted the rose, then? I have to commend you on consenting to something so advanced, I don't think even I would have the courage."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:31 pm

Aaron laughed slightly nervously. Julian nodded to Phillipus, "Thank you." he turned to Ayaka, "We have many advantages Zouken might not. For one, we have a servant to assist us. Secondly, he may be able to implant the worms but I've been practicing magical surgery since I was very young. It's been a great focus of mine, something he may not have been quite as focused on during his long lifetime. Thirdly, we have several healers here that can help you if things go awry. If we coordinate it properly, we should be able to pull it off. Of course, it's still your decision. It's your body, but I'd definitely encourage you to take the chance."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:35 pm

Darius, not missing out on what was going on, frowned heavily, but stayed silent to preserve Aaron's dignity.

"In addition to all of that, I'm sure Zouken was lying when he said he couldn't remove them. He knew he'd have you as leverage." She smiled comfortingly at her. "Don't forget, we won the Grail, which he couldn't do after 500 years."

Tears formed in Ayaka's eyes, but she closed them and balled her fist. Finally, she swallowed hard and looked back up at them. "I want them out. Please, do it."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:42 pm

Phillipus nodded. "Lazarus, I can make a homunculus heart to at least act as a stand-in. You might be able to make it more permanent now. That way we don't have to worry about a donor in case things... In case."

"Things better not 'in case!'" Mari barked. Phillipus bowed slightly in apology, a hand on his chest.

"By the Oath, we will do whatever it takes. All we need to do now is decide on a time and make a sterile space."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:45 pm

"Don't worry, we'll take good care of her," Julian place an assuring hand on Mari's shoulder, "It's just never a bad idea to be prepared."

"Okay!" Lazarus agreed with determination, "I'll draw up a battle plan and we can go over it when I'm finished. Phillipus, please feel free to start crafting her an emergency heart. And of course any other organs that might be necessary, depending on where you detect the worms' presence." He withdrew into a bedroom with a notebook.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down