Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prologue 2: Down To Business [NM]

2 posters

Go down

Prologue 2: Down To Business [NM] Empty Prologue 2: Down To Business [NM]

Post by fuyumin Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:46 am

A quick look through a housing guide had provided incredibly useful - it was easy for her to track down an affordable, familiar feeling house with enough room for her needs. "Convincing" the property owner to give her the keys and accept a deposit the same day was even easier, even if it left a bad taste in her mouth. Lying and subterfuge never sat well with her, whether by her own wits or by magic.

With one pack, arranging all of her belongings was only a matter of minutes. A convenience store was just a short walk away, its neon lights stark against the more traditional background of the suburb. She bought enough instant meals, bottled tea, and snacks to last for the rest of the month. She had been set back enough, it was time to start researching.

Two bags of fruit snacks and several of her mother's notebooks later, she began to draw out circles and sigils on her tatami mat floor with chalk, placing stones picked from her forest floor, pricking her finger and letting the blood drop wherever needed.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Prologue 2: Down To Business [NM] Empty Re: Prologue 2: Down To Business [NM]

Post by fuyumin Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:44 pm

Fuyumi lit a few sticks of incense, balancing them in a pestle. She knelt in front of the sigils on the floor, took a deep breath, raised her hands, and said:

Blood of the Summoner
Bones of the Earth
Hear and heed my call!

The browning lines of blood turned back to red, glowing slightly. It rose in round drops, hanging in the air like a screen. A dull hum resonated in the small room, the orange tips of the incense beginning to burn white-hot.

Powers of the Grail! Answer me!
Send unto me a Hero!
Let the elements combine
Fire! Water! Earth! Air!
Mercury! Sulphur! Salt!
Become mind, soul, and body
And let the one I summon...
Emerge!!

The hanging droplets burst into mist, the remaining lines rising in the air from the inside out, like ribbons pulled with clear wire. They wrapped around empty space and slowly wove and closed in together, covering an unseen changing form. When the shape finally settled, the lines became small sparks, shooting away from the body underneath, falling and disappearing on the floor. The summoning was complete.

Fuyumi trembled, eyes wide with anticipation to meet her Servant.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayte Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:00 pm

As they continued to fall, the knight, at first assuming a gallant pose, became quickly distracted by the light show that was the residual sparks.
“Behold! How fair a light is this! But from whence does it come, and why? Oh, but it seems to be coming from myself! Again I ask, why? Is this some new miracle bestowed upon me by the Divine?”
The creature had been slowly raising and lowering its arms, flexing white gauntlet-clad hands, and now began to spin, causing the white cloak to flow and wave in the wearer’s wake, and the youth laughed a carefree and infectious laugh. Long hair, once held back by a large black silk bow, fell across a face as sweet and lovely as any ever imagined of a deity. The bow could now be seen dangling from a small braid that hung over the left ear. That sweet face fell, however, as the last of the sparks faded away.
“Alas, where have they gone? Oh, please, Father above, won't you bring your light back upon me?”
Only now did the knight seem to think too assess the surroundings. Clear disorientation gave way to another flash of joy upon seeing the young lady who also occupied the room. Face aglow, eyes dancing, and very nearly every perfect tooth visible in a wide grin, the child-knight flew to one knee, grasped the maiden’s right hand, bowed over it and gave it a hearty kiss.
“My Lady! I declare thou art the very goddess Venus on earth! Your hair! Your skin! I swear before God and man, there art no one more fair in the whole world! I beg you, My Lady, tell me your name! Wait, no, speak not your name, for as you are truly a goddess, mind body shall surely be made dust off you speak it! But pray, was it you who made the beautiful lights a moment ago? Ooh, blasphemous me, that I thought myself worthy to bear them. Tell me, My Lady, what punishment is my just dessert for such impious thoughts?”
Letting go of the woman's hand, the figure fell prostrate on the floor in a most pathetic manner.
“Oh, My Lady, cast me not out of your presence! Keep me, out kill me and have done with it! For to send me away would only serve to kill me anyways! “
At last the newcomer became silent, waiting for a response from the goddess.

Kayte

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:30 pm

Fuyumi's hands hung in the air, her mouth agape. She blinked, once, twice. She stared down at the young knight. "Y-you... you are..."

She fell to her knees and gathered the girl into her arms in a tight hug. "Soooo CUTE!!" She squealed, feet kicking lightly under her. "My name is Fuyumi! Let's get along and work together, okay?"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayte Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:52 pm

Face beaming with pure happiness, the child-knight returned the embrace with great zeal.
"My Lady, I would treasure nothing so much as to work along side you and your magnificence! Tell me: what do you demand? Speak the word and consider it done! I have never failed in a quest before, so you can be assured I'm as true as my word! Alas, there was that one time when things didn't work out quite as I had intended. Two times. Very well, a few times. But everything turned out just fine in the end! It always does!"
He continued to dither away, all the while wrangling the bow back into the long pink tresses where it belonged.

Kayte

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:30 am

Fuyumi smiled helplessly at the knight's happiness, then paused to consider. "Well, the War won't start for a while yet, so let's just get to know each other and think about strategy."

She gasped, clasping her hands together in front of her chest, eyes glittering with excitement. "Maybe we could make you a disguise! So, if you're a knight, what class are you? Lancer? Saber?"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayte Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:52 am

"Disguise?!?! Ooh I do so love masquerades! I look forward to discovering the high fashions of this era! Of course, all in the name of serving my most beloved Mistress in this War!" Rising once more, she made an elegant bow. "My Lady, I am Rider, your most humble servant, who has never known defeat, and who has completed tasks and feats beyond number, for the glory of my liege lords and ladies! For these reasons it seems the Holy Grail has deemed me worthy of your service. This notion of disguise is a brilliant suggestion! Tell me, in what manner shall I disguise myself? I am such a fan of pretty clothes, surely there are all manner of wondrous and beautiful clothes in this strange new era!"

Kayte

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:38 pm

A toothy grin spread across Fuyumi's face. Visions of outfits and costumes danced in her head - frills, fripperies, jaunty hats, swirling petticoats, woolen jackets with bright silver buttons....

No, no, their time was hardly limitless. "Let's see..." She ran over to her closet and pulled out a simple sundress, white with a pattern of pink bows. "This should do for now! Try it on!" She tossed it to Rider and started digging through a pile of novels.

"I can't walk around calling you Rider... even if you do look foreign, I think it might sound weird anyways? So, let's see... How about Elizabeth? Caroline?" She gasped, holding a book with a Southern belle swooning in a gentleman's arms on the cover. "Scarlett??"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayte Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:08 pm

Rider took the dress and immediately began disrobing. He had just begun to wriggle into the dress when Fuyumi announced his new name. His arms were stuck in the narrow bodice, and his head was frustratingly close to the neck, so he looked a bit like a skinny hunch-back monster. But he smiled again when he heard his new name. "Scarlett... Yes, I like the sound of that! It sounds dashing and elegant! I thank my lady! Beg your pardon, but is there some trick to this robe? This cannot be how this garment is worn..."

Kayte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down