Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aloha, Magi!

3 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Aloha, Magi! - Page 2 Empty Re: Aloha, Magi!

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:48 am

"Japan-san!" Aaron threw his arms up in greeting. He gave her Mari a quick hug as Phillipus made his way in with many packages. After seeing Cesar's behavior he was drawn to Phillipus, "Oh my word. You have trained that chicken. Can I pet it?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:51 am

His chest puffed out proudly. "Cesar is a free spirit, but the bonds between us are of brethren." Mari leaned over to Aaron, a hand cupped around her mouth.

"So he's trained and spoiled." Phillipus tutted as he gently moved Cesar back into his arms and held him out for Aaron to pet.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:53 am

Aaron laughed and petted Cesar, "He's a lot softer than I thought he would be!" After a few more pets, he asked, "So I can tell you're a servant. Who are you...exactly? From history? I don't think I've heard your name before..."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:06 am

Mari was vigorously shaking her head behind Phillipus's shoulder, but it was too late. The Caster smiled broadly and raised a finger.

"Well, since you asked! I'm most known for my work in alchemy and medicine, and in pursuing the secrets of the Philosopher's Stone from the elusive element I called alkahest. Some parts of my legacy that ring relevant to the modern day are the naming of zinc, the acknowledgement of psychological roots of disease, observational as opposed to referential research, and toxicology as a school of medicine, among others.

In life, I endeavored to disclose magic to the mundane populus and use it to better the lives of average men - what medical science was failing to do, potions and spells could accomplish in seconds. I gained my doctorate from the University of Ferrara, where I am still recognized as an alumnus. I was, and remain, an Average One, capable of embracing and manipulating all elemental schools of Magecraft."

Mari was already partway through a bag of chips, eyes glazed, and scooted the open end towards Avalon and Aaron.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:10 am

"Holy shit that's awesome. I didn't even know there were two kinds of research. So, what exactly is referential research? I get that it sounds like reference but I'm not the brightest crayon in the shed, so does it mean people only researched what had previously been researched?

Avalon took some chips. Aaron clearly wasn't interested.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:17 am

A fire sparked in Phillipus's eyes. "Yes! Precisely! Scholars of my time were more focused on what their predecessors had written, as if all conditions had already been successfully treated and explored - clearly not so!! Our cases can't be solved by the philosophies of ancient days, and our patients deserve modern care! As I always used to say, 'the patients are your textbook, the sickbed is your study!'"

Mari crunched pensively as she listened. "So you weren't really popular with the other old doctors huh?" Phillipus gave her a wide, prideful smile.

"Not at all!!"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:22 am

"Well honestly that's good, cause if he was popular probably most of us would be dead or never born in the first place. But damn...using only referential research seems just stupid now. Did they just have trouble noticing that diseases morphed or something? I don't know what time period you're from really so sans microscopes I can see how that might be kind of challenging, but still..."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:27 am

"Very much so! The light microscope wouldn't be invented until after my death, unfortunately, but microbiology and oncology progressed by leaps and bounds afterwards, I understand!" He crossed his arms, brow furrowed. "Although I also understand people didn't quite get the idea that disease doesn't discriminate by one's station or expertise until far, far later..." He held his hands out imploringly to Aaron.

"I ask you!! Is washing up after you handle someone's gall abscess so hard!!"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:32 am

"I don't know what that is, but apparently so! Also what the hell do you mean station or expertise? Like...rich people didn't wash their hands? or..?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:58 am

"Nobody washed their hands, but especially not the educated or noble. Higher classes were believed immune from, mm, germs, yes? Der Erreger, das klein tieren mit- Anyways, yes. Those. Common belief dictated that they would be in no danger from contaminants, simply because they weren't poor."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:03 am

"Wow...that sounds like something my dad would say...that's gross. I mean I can see it being an issue when you don't have running water but I'm kind of blown away that people would think that since they have money they can't get sick...I am so sorry you lived then. But glad in general that you existed!"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:08 am

He sighed wistfully. "There are things about it I miss sometimes - the flowers on the mountainsides, the cobblestone streets of the village, the times I could have a civil conversation with my contemporaries, Alsatian wines..." He shook his head, smiling with contentment.

"All things considered, I am ever fascinated by the modern day. I learn more and more, and can be a capable part of the process. I can update my studies and theories all the time." He paused, then smirked sharply.

"It doesn't hurt that I've had so much of my work validated over the centuries, either."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:11 am

"Well hey, there are still some villages with cobblestones! And right now you're literally in the tropics next to an ocean, lots to enjoy there. I dunno what an Alsatian wine is exactly but my parents' vacation home is only a walk down the beach and we have a killer wine cellar if you wanna take a look."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:17 am

He nodded, pleased. "Life is to be lived in the present, and the present is full of promise! I believe we have wine stores here as well, perhaps we can explore its potential this evening for dinner!" Mari smirked.

"As long as that ain't all we're having for dinner." Phillipus's hair whirled around him as he turned, jabbing a finger into the air.

"Tonight, I shall cook, and we shall feast!!"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:21 am

"Ooooo I'm excited. Come on!" he led Phillipus outside and began to walk down the beach with him. "So, whatcha got planned for dinner? I can help, I love to cook."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:18 pm

As they walked, Artoria was still outside practicing, but she put away her sword as they approached. She bowed shortly to A-san and Aaron. "Hello again. I'm sorry to have disappeared on you so abruptly. I thought it was prudent to get out of Manaka's control when I had the chance."

Damascus
Admin

https://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:53 pm

Aaron waved her concern away, "No worries! I'm glad you did. I didn't know what we were gonna do about her. I'm glad you're a quick thinker!"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:40 pm

Artoria smiled. "Thank you for saying so."

A-san let Aaron and Phillipus wander off together while he went up into the house to relax. He decided to chill out in the living room, watching the ocean, waiting for Lazarus to awaken so he could more properly introduce himself.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:16 pm

Aaron easily retrieved some wine from his family's vacation house, chatting with Phillipus all the while. Upon returning he helped the Magus make dinner in between texting his husband. Once it was made, the two woke up anyone who was asleep to let them know dinner was ready.

During their walk though, Lazarus was having a bit of trouble getting to sleep. He missed his kids, and was having trouble adjusting to the quiet. He wrapped his arms around his wife, trying not to let his emotion get to him too severely.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:17 pm

Yui seemed to be sleeping fitfully. As he wrapped his arms around her, she noticed tears were running down her face. She sobbed and unconsciously buried her head in his chest, still mostly asleep.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:19 pm

He kissed the top of her head, and let his own tears fall, stroking her back, "It'll be okay, I promise. Do you want to talk about anything?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:23 pm

She sniffled and opened her eyes, her eyes wrapping around a fold in his shirt. "It's just Fran and Astolfo... I knew they'd have to go someday. But they were still like family."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:26 pm

"Don't worry. I'll get them back as soon as I can. They'll be here again before you know it." he smiled and wiped her eyes.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:31 pm

"I know. And I'll be so happy to see them again. It's just... they won't remember us. Those ten years together." She sniffled and smiled. "I don't want it to sound like I regret anything. I don't. I'm just... mourning."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:33 pm

"So am I...but considering how Atalanta and Kirei were together, I think there's a good chance things won't change too much. We'll get to have lots of fun going over stories with them! It'll be lovely,"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum