Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Battle for the Holy Grail

3 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Battle for the Holy Grail - Page 3 Empty Re: The Battle for the Holy Grail

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:49 am

Atalanta lowered her bow. "If you fought her, it would make what you're saying pretty hypocritical." she sighed, and put her bow on her back, " You have a point, but I do wish to mention that I have sworn to work with you until the end. I consider you a friend. I would not let you fight alone. It would waste the little time you had left."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:52 am

Rider smiled warmly at Atalanta. "Thank you. You've been so incredibly kind to me, a true friend. Trust in me, and we'll see what fate has in store."

He shuffled his feet awkwardly before addressing Berserker. "I'm..." He reached back and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I really put on a foolish display, didn't I? I know this is a war, but it's so hard, every time..." The light slowly withdrew from his eyes as his gaze drifted back down to the ground.

Last edited by fuyumin on Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:55 am

((7 rounds until Yui and Lazarus arrive))

Damascus
Admin

https://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:59 am

Berserker lowered her mace slightly, not letting go, just in case. She frowned sympathetically. "Mmn..."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:01 am

Lazarus arrived to the scene, panting, and knocking over a basket of apples. He at first attempted to pick it up but then realized it didn't matter and turned to the group. "Have you decided not to fight?!" he asked the servants with a look of pure jubilation on his face.

Atalanta raised an eyebrow at this odd little man. She was going to let Rider do the talking but that wouldn't stop her from casting her judgement.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:04 am

Yui arrived on the scene shortly after Lazarus, panting as well. She leaned on a wall and looked over the gathered group, speechless.

She didn't want to believe it possible that they could end the Holy Grail War on peaceful terms. Not counting Kirei...

Still, she gripped one gem tightly. The Grail could only be won by a single participant. It was the whole reason the ritual devolved into a War to begin with. Archer and Rider still had every reason to fight.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:05 am

Caster picked up the apples and fixed the basket, tucking it under an arm and munching on one. No sense in wasting good produce.

Rider shuffled closer to Atalanta and hesitantly nodded. "At least for a while. I'm... tired."

Caster offered them the basket. "If I may ask, would you be Atalanta the Huntress and Astolfo of Charlemange?"

Rider picked out an apple and rubbed it on his armor, giving it a polish before looking up at Atalanta almost as if asking permission to answer.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:08 am

"Yes." she spoke for them both. "If I may ask, why are you being so peaceful? Your masters have to choose as well. Why would you not kill us to gain it for yourselves? This makes no sense and is highly suspicious." her fingers twitched. Worry was creeping up on her now, making her itch for her bow.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:20 am

Caster's face lit up. "Oh my! You were legends in my time, I read so many stories of you both in my youth! The things I could ask!"

Rider smiled shyly. "Really?" He bit into the apple, enjoying its crisp sweetness.

Caster nodded happily, but his tone became apologetic. "The bad news about the War, however... We and our Masters decided to shirk our duties as combatants because, as you said, Astolfo, there can be only one winner, and it won't be any of us."

"Upon completing the war, the remaining Master uses their final command spell to force their Servant to kill themselves, using their power to open the path to Akasha. Any wish that we have as Heroic Spirits is... moot."

"My Master, Lazarus, has posited the idea that either himself or Yui take the path, compounding as many wishes as possible. Before we sacrifice ourselves, or die in noble battle, whatever we choose, Berserker and I have written down our experiences as Servants, as we won't retain any of our memories, so no future Servants of any wars will go uninformed. The pattern of lies and exploitation will hopefully come to an end, one way or another. I would urge you both to do the same."

"In the end, we have taken our end, our sacrifice and limited lives as Servants into our own hands. In life, I believed that no man should be a servant to anyone but himself. This is how we have chosen to continue this tradition and make sure our deaths are not in vain."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:29 am

Lazarus piped up when he finished, "We would have offered the same truce to your master, were he still alive. I'm sorry that we couldn't spare him." he turned to Astolpho, "When I killed your first Master, I didn't know that this was an option. I'm very sorry I was not enlightened in the first place. The three families who started this have been keeping these things a secret. If I had known then, I would have spared her. I would be honored if you would both join us. Spend your remaining time writing down your memoirs, and then you can decide with us who should take the grail. With access to Akasha, Yui and I can almost certainly enact all of your wishes, and we swear to do everything in our power to do so. So much life has been lost for these senseless battles. We wish to make it worth something."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:33 am

Rider chewed thoughtfully, quiet. "This is... a lot to take in... but I don't think you're lying. If what you're saying is true, then of course I'll join you, as long as Atalanta does, too."

Caster nodded in understanding. "I know what it's like to be so close to someone. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing anything without Berserker, nor would I want to put her at risk." He smiled kindly at the three other Servants. "It's a silver lining to forge such friendships in these times."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:34 am

Archer stared coldly at the mage, though inside she was seething with anger. What kind of rigged system was this? She was summoned to be a slave all along, unless she could resist her master's command seals by some miracle...and he had 14 of them! He knew. He must have known. And still he carried on. She turned and began firing arrows into that insufferable liar's corpse.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:35 am

Lazarus laughed nervously, "eh...feel free to take all the time you need to process,"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:35 am

Caster gently pulled Berserker and Rider back to give Archer some room to vent. "I certainly don't blame you. Would you like some of those on fire?"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:37 am

"Yes."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:38 am

Every arrow she began knocking had a small flame dancing on its tip. Caster fetched a pitcher of water from a nearby building in case one went astray.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:41 am

Yui stepped forward and bowed apologetically. "I'm sorry. My family is partially to blame for all this. It was always designed to use the Servants as tools."

"Originally, this wasn't even supposed to be a war. The families created the system for summoning the Grail, but only realized afterward that only one Master would be able to touch it. Mages are proud, of course, and no one wanted to give up their own wish, so it devolved into a senseless bloodbath."

Tears welled up in her eyes. "I thought I was prepared for this. I was practically born for it. But Berserker is not a tool. She's my friend. She's much more than that. I don't want to sacrifice her."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:45 am

Lazarus nodded in agreement. "Indeed! So, now that all points have been presented, Atalanta?" he could see that Rider was willing but the other servant was still focused on her master's corpse.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:48 am

After a few more arrows, Atalanta turned to them. "...We all wish for peace, I'm sure. Whether it's for a certain sect of society or for all. I will join you but I will be watching you and if you betray us you will die."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:51 am

Caster nodded appreciatively. "A fair arrangement. In such heated conditions, I can hardly disapprove. If we're all ready and open to playing nice, I'm willing to drop the Territory."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:56 am

Atalanta once again put her bow back. Lazarus nodded to Caster, "Please go ahead and lower the territory." He let out a sigh of relief. He couldn't have imagined a better outcome. He was about to cry, and most surely would when this was over. Yui was alive, his servants were safe, as well as the other servants...this was perfect. After taking a few breaths he turned to Astolpho, "How long do you have before you disappear?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:58 am

Rider pressed a finger to his lip in thought. "Um... two days, I think? But I'm fine with just enjoying myself for that time, as long as my power goes to granting a good wish."

The town of Salzburg shimmered away, leaving behind a confused chicken and a schoko-torte which Caster took upstairs to cut into even pieces.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:59 am

Yui visibly relaxed as Atalanta put away her bow. She turned to Caster. "If you don't mind, I can go retrieve Irisviel."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:00 am

"Oh, I'll need to do that myself. Would you mind making tea for everyone?" He kissed her forehead and then whisked away to find the Fraulein.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:01 am

"Perhaps I could take you on? Now that we are at peace, it shouldn't be a problem for me to have both you and Caster as servants." he smiled broadly at Astolpho.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next