Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fortress of the Impaler Lord

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Fortress of the Impaler Lord Empty The Fortress of the Impaler Lord

Post by Damascus Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:58 pm

It was a short flight from Cairo to Bucharest. Almost too short.

Marisbury ordered a taxi to take them to the north--a two-hour drive from the capital to the mountains in central Romania. Night was falling as the arrived in nearby Arefu, and they could see it from there. The castle on the mountain. Cetatea Poenari.

Yui held her breath as she looked up at the castle in the evening sun. Thankfully, it was far away from the city, but as a well-known tourist destination, there could still be civilians in and around the castle. She communicated that much to her allies.

"I'm staying here in the city, like before. Anyone who wants to stay here with me, I'm going to get a hotel for the night."

Marisbury fiddled with his mask. "I think I'm going to come along this time. While the Servants keep Lancer distracted, I'll look for his Master."

Damascus
Admin

https://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Fortress of the Impaler Lord Empty Re: The Fortress of the Impaler Lord

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:04 pm

Julian spoke up, "I actually thought that we could wait to attack until daylight. We should take defensive measures, but perhaps the sun will give us an advantage with this servant, considering."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:16 pm

"Good idea, actually," Yui agreed. "Whether or not he has vampire attributes, it will work in our favor."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:58 pm

Mari was shifting all the vampire-themed souvenirs into her bags from pocket to pocket. Wine for Mom and Dad was already put away, along with a perfume for aneki, chocolate for Ayaka - and maybe a little something for herself. She shuddered when she looked up at the imposing facade looming above the city.

"Damn, it really does look like the movies..." Phillipus pulled his luggage behind him, a pet carrier balanced on top of the rolling suitcase.

"Hopefully it'll be less ominous when the sun's up. For now, though, it's the perfect time for your familiars, isn't it?" Mari's brow lifted as she pounded a fist into her other palm.

"Hey, you're right." She started walking around the streetlamps, moths beginning to follow her in a discreet trail as if she were a candle flame. After a small swarm was gathered, they fluttered towards the castle grounds.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:06 pm

Avalon smiled after Mari. She looked so pretty.

Carlotta smiled at the romance as well, and sent out a few bats. Julian and Lazarus set up wards around the rooms, and Atalanta took to the roof to keep watch. Aaron hung out with Darius, trying his best to teach him the alphabet.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:10 pm

Yui sent some of her own familiars off to the castle to watch for the night.

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary at first, as they saw citizens milling about the castle. Then they noticed that the "citizens" and "tourist guides" were holding spears as they walked about in rounds. Upon closer inspection, their faces were gaunt and there was a faint red glow in their eyes.

"Thralls," Yui observed. "I can't tell if they're dead or just hypnotized. We should take care when we approach."

They rested for the night, and in the morning, everyone was up bright and early to prepare. Yui started to prepare some spells for the group.

"Alright, which Masters are going?" She started with Marisbury, casting a protective spell over him.

Caster, meanwhile, just waited patiently in the corner of the room. He'd been quiet since the flight, concentrating hard on something and channeling mana into the rings on his hands.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:14 pm

Mari drummed her fingers on the nightstand. "I don't mind going - I can at least create diversions. What was Lancer's Master like? Do you think they're here?"

Phillipus dropped a handful of stones into a glass flask full of a silvery tincture and swished them around. After a moment, their surface began to shine, the rough grey outside seeming to slough off revealing brilliant gems. They rose one by one out through the neck of the flask, and hid in the folds of his robes. He glanced at the other Caster curiously, and once the flask had been corked and stowed away he lightly cleared his throat.

"What are your thoughts?"

Last edited by fuyumin on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:17 pm

Avalon, Aaron, Julian, and Lazarus also agreed to head to the mansion. Carlotta decided she would keep an eye on them from afar and go assist if necessary.

Atalanta wandered over to Marisbury's sulking caster, "Everything alright? Seems like you have some plans in the works..."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:21 pm

Yui cast protective spells over the rest of the Masters, and set a few familiars to follow them.

Caster kept his eyes closed as he held his fingers out, the ten golden rings humming with mana. "Preparing my Noble Phantasm. The more preparation, the better, as I may not get more than once chance to use it."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:23 pm

She smiled, "I like it. Good luck to all of us." she joined Kirei, and the party made their way to the castle.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:44 pm

The walk up to the castle was long and arduous, following a set of stone steps up the mountain. They could feel a Servant's presence as they approached, but couldn't see him yet.

After a failed attempt to get past the castle guards, they approached from a side slope.

Marisbury split from the rest as they approached, disappearing into the brush to search for Lancer's Master. Kirei hung back several paces and hid in the brush with Julian, several Black Keys at the ready.

The Servants lined up to wait, knowing the enemy must have sensed them as well. Sure enough, a moment later, Lancer appeared on the battlements, looking down at them.

The Fortress of the Impaler Lord 299242

Though his spear wasn't at the ready, he still glared down at them aggressively.

"Insolent fools. With whose permission do you stand there?"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:48 pm

Lazarus waved up at the servant, "Hello! Listen, I know you got a bad deal in the grail war. I want you to be able to live with us in our time, but these actions your taking are no longer proper. I truly want to work with you, but you have to free these people and find another way to thrive in this time. "

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:51 pm

Lancer narrowed his eyes. "You should watch your tongue in the presence of your betters. This is my domain, and what I do here is none of your business. You won your damned Grail, so take it and mind your own business."

Artoria and Caster both tensed up, ready to launch their Noble Phantasm on command.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:56 pm

Lazarus sighed, and backed up to let the servants have their space, "Alright, have it you way..." "

Atalanta took a knee and fired two arrows into the sky, bringing catastrophe down onto Vlad's head.
Kittenboxxing carried out 5 launched of one The Fortress of the Impaler Lord S0oprR4 (CLASH.) :
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:00 pm

Turn 1

Servant Initiative

A+: Atalanta, Blue Lancer
A:
B: Blue Berserker, Blue Caster
C: Paracelsus, Blue Saber

Lancer grit his teeth, planting one foot on the battlement and leaping to one side.

Damascus carried out 1 launched of one The Fortress of the Impaler Lord S0oprR4 (CLASH.) :
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:04 pm

He dodged the first storm of arrows, then roared at the group. "Fools! You are in my realm, and you shall taste my fury! Kazikili Bey!!"

The ground rumbled beneath their feet. To their horror, the ground itself seemed to open up beneath their very feet as a field of stakes sprung up from the ground beneath each Servant and Master.

Against Atalanta:
Damascus carried out 10 launched of one The Fortress of the Impaler Lord S0oprR4 (CLASH.) :
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s

Artoria:
Damascus carried out 10 launched of one The Fortress of the Impaler Lord S0oprR4 (CLASH.) :
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I

Darius:
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I

Phillipus:
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s

Solomon:
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s

Lazarus (w/ advantage):
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I

Mari (w/ advantage):
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I

Avalon (w/ advantage):
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I

Aaron (w/ advantage):
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:08 pm

Atalanta:
Kittenboxxing carried out 10 launched of one The Fortress of the Impaler Lord S0oprR4 (CLASH.) :
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg

Darius:
Kittenboxxing carried out 10 launched of one The Fortress of the Impaler Lord S0oprR4 (CLASH.) :
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I

Lazarus:
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s

Avalon:
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg

Aaron:
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:09 pm

Mari:
fuyumin carried out 10 launched of one The Fortress of the Impaler Lord S0oprR4 (CLASH.) :
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s

Phillipus:
fuyumin carried out 10 launched of one The Fortress of the Impaler Lord S0oprR4 (CLASH.) :
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:13 pm

Artoria:
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I

Solomon:
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord DVINn4I , The Fortress of the Impaler Lord SsExZ0s

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:19 pm

Most of the Servants were able to dodge out of the way well enough to only take minor damage from the stakes. Darius however, wasn't fast enough, seven stakes spearing him through the torso and rooting him in place.

Phillipus takes 20 damage, Artoria takes 20, Atalanta takes 20, Solomon takes 30, Darius takes 70.

The Masters couldn't hope to get out of the way of most of the spears, but Yui's protective spells absorbed most of the damage. Unfortunately, the shields on all four broke, Avalon able to avoid any more spears, Lazarus taking one, and Aaron and Mari both being speared by two stakes.

Lazarus takes 10 damage, Aaron and Mari take 20.

Caster wouldn't miss this chance. He held out all ten fingers before him, pointing his hands at Lancer. "The Time of Birth Has Come, He Is the One Who Masters All. Ars Almadel Salomonis!"

Caster:
Damascus carried out 1 launched of one The Fortress of the Impaler Lord S0oprR4 (CLASH.) :
The Fortress of the Impaler Lord BRGF2wg
Lancer:

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:22 pm

A massive beam of light shot from Caster's fingertips, easily far surpassing Artoria's Excalibur. It shot in a straight line, just missing Lancer and streaking past him, boring a hole in the castle, then streaking off into the sky and scattering the clouds on the horizon.

As Caster grimaced, though, Artoria was ready with her own Noble Phantasm.

Saber:
Lancer:

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:23 pm

He wasn't able to get out of the way in time as Excalibur's light washed over him.

Lancer closed his eyes. "Damn it..."

Excalibur's light faded, and Lancer was gone. She quickly dropped her sword and rushed to Avalon's side, though, making sure she was healthy. Thankfully (or perhaps not), she was the only one unharmed. She rushed to Mari next to attend to her injuries.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:32 pm

Avalon also rushed to Mari's side, while Julian emerged from the bushes and attended to Aaron, remaining remarkably cool under pressure. "No fucking rush!" Aaron yelled at his husband. Julian silenced him with a severe look.

Lazarus helped the servants free themselves from the stakes, Phillipus first, and breathed a sigh of relief. Thank goodness the battle was easy. He had many many questions for Solomon later though...

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:34 pm

Mari willed her breath to slow down, teeth clenched and hissing through the pain. The stakes began to smoke, then smolder, flames spreading the entry and exit wounds. Ash collected and formed what looked like a poultice on her skin, and she rocked onto her feet.

"Fuck, that bastard wasn't joking around... Acting like this place isn't just a national tourist trap now." She glared at where Lancer once stood. "Your reign is over, shitlips!!"

Phillipus rushed to the injured to offer help, his hands darting into his robes and drawing out vials of potions threaded between his fingers. Solomon... King Solomon!! The thrill was unshakable. With the smoke clearing, he had so much to say - but no, he shouldn't be a bother... But...!

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:40 pm

Avalon couldn't help but laugh as she hugged Mari tight, "You need to be quicker!"

"Well, that was a lot more boring than I expected..." Atalanta turned to Kirei, "Do you want to go see some sights since we're out here, or just go home?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum