Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regrouping at Ryuudo

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Regrouping at Ryuudo Empty Regrouping at Ryuudo

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:51 pm

With little time to mourn, the mansion group quickly made their way to the temple. Carlotta immediately rushed forward, giving Yui and Lazarus a hug. Atalanta made sure Astolfo sat down and was comfortable as she tended to his wounds. Avalon gave Mordred congratulations and a great big hug, while Scathach worked on healing up Asterion. After making sure all were well, Atalanta turned to Mari, "Out of curiosity, which master did you speak with? Why did they give you information?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Regrouping at Ryuudo Empty Re: Regrouping at Ryuudo

Post by Damascus Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:54 pm

After hugging Carlotta tightly, Yui also ran up to give Mordred a hug, tears in her eyes from the horror of the whole affair. "Thank you."

Damascus
Admin

https://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:22 pm

Mordred smiled and laughed softly, leaning slightly into Avalon's hug from exhaustion. The added thanks from Yui made their eyes go wide and their cheeks blush. "I... It's only my duty, my Lady. I'm glad we all made it out alive."

Medea approached Yui and Lazarus, shame clear on her face. "I am so dreadfully sorry about your beautiful home. Were it not for my quick temper, there could've been a chance, but..." She balled her hands into tight fists, scowling heavily. "Men like that are so insufferable!!"

Phillipus immediately began helping the healing efforts, doling out potions to Asterion and fussing over Astolfo. "I knew I should've stayed, if you hadn't gotten out of harm's way quickly enough, it would've - I would've-" Astolfo held onto Phillipus's hands and gently swung them from side to side, smiling happily. Phillipus sighed and returned the smile, touching their foreheads together.

Mari pulled out her phone and started pushing buttons, clicks and beeps coming from the dialpad. "Mm, yeah. Typical business, even though I'm supposed to be off call..." She sucked her teeth and showed everyone the screen.

"This guy, I made a delivery to him for work. I'm not being shady or anything, it's just business, but I twisted him for info. Guy doesn't even know what I really look like. He only speaks English, though, so I was hoping someone else would help me get the info. It's all recorded."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:30 pm

"Of course!" Lazarus piped, happy for something to do. He shuffled around the temple for some paper and stretched his hand out for the phone.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:31 pm

Mari tossed him the phone. "The guy wants a few days of not being on our shit list in exchange for all this. Hope it's worth it."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:33 pm

"I would think so," he commented, preparing to take notes. "Having only him left is advantageous to both parties. It's more people out of his way and ours." he trailed off as he played the tape, beginning to scratch notes onto the papers.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:33 pm

Asterion knelt down next to Medea and put his hands on her shoulders, trying not to put too much pressure on her. He gave a low, comforting growl that almost sounded like a purr. "It's... okay. Medea helps."

Yui wiped a tear from her eye. "It's alright. Given that man's personality, I don't think he was going to believe us anyway." She sighed. "We gotta convince them somehow, though. Maybe the other people on their team will believe us."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:52 pm

Medea's cheeks turned rosy pink. For someone so large, he was really quite gentle and... sweet, even? It made her smile. "Epaino..."

Mordred tucked their helmet under an arm - it felt almost pointless to wear it, now that everyone knew. Besides, it was easier to breathe with it off. "I'm hoping to have more meetings with their Saber. I believe in her to be a voice of reason, but her Mistress is undoubtedly a threat."

Phillipus watched Mordred, his fingers curled under his chin. He looked down - (down? hadn't they been taller?) - and hummed pensively. They met his gaze in a way that made him jump; despite the Saber's true size, they felt just as formidable as ever.

"I was merely wondering how the helmet works to conceal your identity! That's all..." He laughed awkwardly and waved his hands. They pressed their lips into a line and hmmed, then handed it to him.

"It was enchanted by my mother to keep both enemies and members of the Kingdom from recognizing me. She didn't want her plans to be exposed too soon, I guess. She made me promise to never take it off, for my own safety."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:12 pm

Everyone took a few moments to process, heal, eat and rest. Avalon volunteered to cook. She gathered what ingredients she could for a good soul food type meal. That should cheer everyone up!
After finishing with his notes, Lazarus sat next to Phillipus, "I hope you don't feel like I didn't want you with me at the mansion. You've seemed a little bit off for...a bit. Are you doing alright?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:13 pm

"I suppose that explains why I couldn't read some of your stats." Yui sighed. "First order of business is to fortify this area, I suppose. I'm not sure what we're going to do with the priests. After that... I'm not too sure what to do."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Carlotta nodded, "I'll get some familiars out right away. Perhaps Medea can speak to the priests? Maybe they should take a pilgrimage?" She set off to make friends with the local birds and bats and recruit them as spies. She also prepared some stakes for spells. 

Atalanta helped Astolfo make sure the chickens were at home, as Phillipus was busy at the moment. She then stopped over to Kirei, "So...this is a very interesting war. I hope I haven't neglected you. Thoughts?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:30 pm

Phillipus sighed. "It's the tension of another War on, I'm certain. Being closer with everyone makes the stakes higher. The tactics the opposing group has been using have been fast, high powered attacks and it's left me more than a bit shaken. I just need time to re-center." He smiled reassuringly at his colleague and patted his shoulder.

Cesar sat next to him on the ground and pecked at the hem of his robes. He absently rubbed between the bird's shoulders, savoring the smell coming from the cookpots. Avalon had quite the knack for cooking, he'd have to compare notes with her sometime...

Astolfo chased and corralled the rest of the avian Roman Empire as if he didn't have a scratch on him. "Nero! Gaius! Eucephalus!!" He laughed as feathers flew and clucks filled the air.

"About the priests..." Medea crossed her arms and tapped a foot, mouth quirked to one side. "I may need some help. Convincing them of a newlywed couple on the run via hypnosis is one thing, but this will be quite the diplomatic undertaking."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:34 pm

He felt his companion had been a little off since before the war, but hopefully he'd have more time to ask him about it after everything was done. He gave Phillipus a warm hug before putting his two cents into Medea's predicament, "Perhaps Phillipus and Carlotta could help! We'll have to wait for her to return but she shouldn't be too horribly long."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:41 pm

Kirei looked calm, but weary. He stepped off to the side with Atalanta. "Ah... I suppose I'm alright, but..." He stopped to think about how to put it into words. "So much has happened that it's difficult to keep my thoughts straight. The Grail... The corruption... My purpose... It all fades into the background when we're fighting to survive. I'm wondering if the Grail is even worth it anymore." He chuckled and shook the thoughts from his mind. "It's not worth fretting at the moment. Are you doing alright? You did well in the last battle."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:02 pm

"Thank you," she said with a small smile. She took his hands, "Listen...I understand if you still want the grail, but I remember more feelings almost every hour it seems. What I want is to stay here with you and build a family. I do not care about the grail. Not everyone's purpose is something grand. It's only my opinion, but the grail has plenty of candidates to claim it. You're a good one, but the grail doesn't have to be your destiny if you don't want it to. If you take it out of the equation, I feel like you're a fulfilled person. You're an extremely skilled individual, you've found work, and you have love. What else do you need?" she cast her gaze to the side before continuing, "Of course, your wants and mine don't have to match, and I would never judge you for that. But you seem tired, I am tired. I feel that we both owe these people assistance, but that's all."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:48 pm

Kirei's mouth actually fell open in surprise. For a long moment, he could say nothing.

"To think you would actually render me speechless," he chuckled to himself. He gazed over at the main temple in thought.

"After everything we've learned, there's still so much I don't know. I don't know why I'm so different. I don't know if I'm an accident or destined to be evil. I don't know if the Grail can answer these questions, or if it's just another mistake, like me."

"I don't know if I can feel love. I had a wife who loved me dearly, whom I felt nothing for. I had a child of my own flesh and blood, whom I felt nothing for. I don't know if I love you. But, I do know this at least: I missed you. Those ten years without you were terribly dull... and lonely."

He lowered his head. "I want to stay with you. The Grail, I can take it or leave it. But I want to stay with you."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:05 pm

"Let's make that our goal then," she gave him a kiss on the cheek. " And no one is an accident. And from what I read I've already given my opinions on evil. Don't worry so much about your purpose and just exist. You are who you are. Just live." she let go of his hands then and smiled with a small scoff, " Ugh, that was too sweet. I meant it but it made my stomach churn just a little."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:19 pm

Kirei chuckled. "I suppose you're right. Would you like to go on a walk? My mind and body needs to unwind a little."

Touko came over to join the newly arrived group from the mansion. "Whew! Good job with the massive golden ship. This Grail War is some exciting business." She looked over at Lazarus. "So this is it, right? The location of the Grail?"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:25 pm

"Of course," she agreed, linking her arm with his.

"It is!" Lazarus answered. "I can show it to you actually. Follow me! Would Shiki like to come?" after receiving an affirmative answer he let the two down to the greater grail. "As you can see, it's having quite a few issues. Do not touch it at any cost, please."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:26 pm

Astolfo wiggled with excitement, stars in his eyes as he watched Atalanta and Kirei walk away. He tugged vigorously on Phillipus's sleeve. "They're gonna get married and have babies and go on honeymoon in Athens and grow old together and keep each other company and-"

The mage chuckled. "Yes, yes. Give them some privacy for now, you can congratulate them all you want later."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:29 pm

Touko looked up at the massive structure and whistled. "Wow. Yeah... I was going to ask if it was supposed to look like that. This is what you're all fighting over?"

Shiki, who up until now had been hanging back silently, stepped forward, looking up at the Grail curiously. Her normally dull, grey eyes suddenly blossomed with color.

Regrouping at Ryuudo Latest?cb=20090118000926

"There's... something inside."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:31 pm

Lazarus told the two what he knew of how the grail had gotten this way. " We are hoping to cleanse it, actually, and then perhaps claim it. But if not, we'll have to try destroying it and try again..."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:36 pm

Touko threw up her hands and sighs. "Attempts to reach the Root always seem to go awry, don't they? So the Grail was corrupted and you're trying to cleanse it? What have you tried so far?"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:37 pm

"Nothing really. We've been researching and studying it. We thought we would have more time but then the thing spat out another round of servants..." the mage's frustration definitely came through.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:41 pm

"Hmm..." Touko looked serious as she stared up at the Grail, then she glanced over at Shiki. "Shiki. Do you see them?"

Shiki's eyes faded back to grey as she shot Touko a dirty look. "Don't."

"Come on, we're here anyway. Why not give them a hand?"

"I'm not a tool to be loaned out to people. Don't drag me into matters that have nothing to do with me."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum