Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daichi and Medea: Secret Bat Lair

2 posters

Go down

Daichi and Medea: Secret Bat Lair Empty Daichi and Medea: Secret Bat Lair

Post by azetidine Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:48 pm

Once in the city, Daichi led Medea to a modest warehouse on the river in the Harbor district, closer to Shinto and the bridge, but far enough away that, as he put it, "You don't shit where you eat. Or, in this case, do dangerous magic where you live." Again, it had enough modern electronic protections to not look unusual and to detect mundane threats, but it had the best anti-scanning magical barriers Daichi knew, and he was constantly experimenting with other barriers or spells to evade attention, to mask entries and exits, to prevent sound from leaving, and other useful things. He'd also wanted to situate it close to a ley point, but he didn't have a good way to make that arrangement permanent without leaving obvious paper trails.

"So, this is my workshop," he said. The center of the floor was dominated by several outlines for magical circles of different sizes and configurations, and around the edges, Daichi had started collecting devices to aid in enchanting and spell analysis. He also had more mundane instruments like a spectrometer to identify materials, a microscope, a computer and printer, even a 3D printer that was in the process of either being taken apart or being put back together. Probably a little bit of both.

Off to one side was a futon, hot plate, and coffee machine. There was a glass door and a much nicer but still spartan bedroom within that seemed unused. The bedroom still had shelves that implied that at one point it had been an office. "I sleep over sometimes, and I expect we'll do more of that as the war truly begins, so I, uh, provided for an extra... guest," Daichi finishes. He seemed to lose some of his articulation when speaking about private things with Medea. "But I have an apartment in central Shinto with my most reliable protections on it as well," he added quickly. "I wish to maintain a normal working schedule as much as possible before things get going, but when things do start I'll be taking vacation. In the evenings, until then, I thought perhaps we could work on enchantments..." He frowns. "I wish I had access to a ley convergence though," he muses.

azetidine

Back to top Go down

Daichi and Medea: Secret Bat Lair Empty Re: Daichi and Medea: Secret Bat Lair

Post by fuyumin Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:57 pm

Medea gracefully fell onto the futon, one leg crossing over the other. "Minimalist, but tasteful. I'm eager to find a leyline as well, considering how many of my more powerful abilities take extra fuel, as it were." She drummed her fingers on the plush mat.

"I'll gladly assist when it comes to covering our tracks and keeping your schedule mundane-friendly, and I can see what I can do when the War begins. I wouldn't want either of us to be caught under-prepared, which under normal means would mean long hours. There is, as they say, no rest for the wicked." She gave Daichi a playful wink.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by azetidine Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:07 pm

Daichi smiles wryly and begins pacing in front of the futon. "Indeed. My past research has indicated there are a few convergences in and near the city, but two are permanently occupied by the church and the Tokiomi mansion, and the theater is in a very busy district that is entirely too close to my place of residence for my comfort. Which leaves the temple. I've looked into making, ahem, "donations" to the religious organization there in order to secure a space, but it would leave a noticeable paper trail connecting me to it, so I've avoided making a move. However, with your help, perhaps we could secure it via other means...?"

azetidine

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:56 pm

She gave him a reassuring smile. "Of course. It'll take no time at all."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by azetidine Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:58 pm

"Well, let's set out right away, then." Daichi takes a minute to pack a bag with a few tools and runes, including a couple of battered-looking watches. "What's your plan?"

azetidine

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:05 pm

"If you want an alibi, you could easily be a prodigal son, nephew, or even someone from a university studying ascetic life. The shrine could be closed for renovations, preparing to receive a new head priest, the options are limitless. Honesty is a low priority and a last resort."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by azetidine Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:48 pm

"Are you planning to bewitch all of them, then?"

azetidine

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:50 pm

"Depends on how many there are, and what sort of structure and sway the superiors have. In short, I'll figure it out when we get there."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down