Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Empire of Roses

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Empire of Roses Empty The Empire of Roses

Post by Damascus Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:46 pm

For the third time, everyone felt as though their bodies were melting, funelling through a narrow space in warm light. Then soon enough, the sensation passed. They found themselves standing...

In the countryside.

They were supposed to have been deposited in the capital, but instead found themselves looking at fields and rolling hills.

High above was the same phenomenon they saw upon arriving in France--a great ring of light in the sky.

Mashu flipped on her communicator. "Confirmed, we've arrived in the correct time period. But... Doctor. This isn't Roma."

Roman fumbled over the controls. "Ah! I was sure I'd gotten it right! Perhaps there was a disturbance that threw off the shift. This is a nearly two-thousand year jump, so small inconsistencies can lead to much greater margins of error."

Damascus
Admin

https://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Empire of Roses Empty Re: The Empire of Roses

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:51 pm

Avalon shrugged, "It's not a big deal really. I feel like it's a better idea to appear way out here instead of near a large city where people might see."

"Yeah! We can figure this out!" Chiara set her eyes on the highest point and began heading towards it, looking for any landmarks or traces of a city or road.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:05 pm

Chiaki twisted the end of her braid, blushing. Medea smiled gently and nudged her with a shoulder. "I know what you're thinking. Let's find a local."

Astolfo tumbled into a cartwheel and sprang after Chiara. "We can see for miles from Hippogryff!!"

Mordred and Mari watched the two split ways, Mari turning to Avalon. "Should we split up to keep an eye on 'em?"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:08 pm

"Girls! C'mon, we have to stay together you can't just run off in a strange place and time. Both of you get back here and we can all discuss a plan."

Chiara squeaked and scurried back to the group.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:11 pm

After some noisy typing away on the console, Dr. Roman piped up. "By my calculation, you aren't that far from Rome. It should be only a handful of miles to your northwest."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:16 pm

"Thanks, Roman," Avalon replied. "Let's go." She set off in the proper direction.

Chiara followed, trying not to divert too much from the group, though every once in awhile she had to convince them to go look at something cool.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:22 pm

They walked for about half an hour when they began to pick up sounds echoing out over the hills... the sounds of battle. Swords clashing against shields, and screams and war cries.

When the party crested the top of a hill, they looked down on the source of the sounds.

Two groups of soldiers clashed against each other on the fields below. One a larger group of about 400, and the other a small platoon of only 100. Curiously, both were dressed in the crimson and gold armor of Roman centurions, though the styles of their standards differed.

Leading the smaller group of soldiers was a young woman in fine red and gold regalia, dashing to and fro and taking on soldiers personally. She slashed with the long black longsword in her hand in between giving orders to her men.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:23 pm

Chiaki was just as humbled, but it was hard to keep from straying all the time. If only she had her phone, she wanted to take pictures of everything! Even Medea was intrigued.

Mordred followed along, trying to remember everything Phillipus told them. There was one person that stuck out in their own memory, though, and what a wonder it would be to meet her.

"Hey, Father..." Their thoughts were cut short by the battle scene. They hunched low to the ground, watching the young woman, impressed.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:29 pm

"Oh boy. What are we looking at here, Roman?" Avalon raised an eyebrow as she ducked down with the others, watching the fight. Everything just had to be pure chaos didn't it?

Chiara swallowed hard. She and her sister had been kept from seeing any real fighting during the grail wars. She had seen servants spar every now and again, but this...well, there was a lot of blood. It was even harder watching a battle not knowing which side was right or wrong...just wanting to help everyone. The amount of death was astounding. Perhaps if they didn't join the battle, they could assist anyone still hanging onto life afterwards.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:33 pm

Dr. Roman watched through the monitor in the control room. "Oh boy, this is... Well, they're all Roman, aren't they? The smaller army has Roman Empire standards, but I don't recognize the symbols on the flags of the larger one."

Da Vinci leaned over his shoulder. "That woman, there! She's wearing imperial regalia! There's no way..."

The woman shouted to her men. "Hold the line! We can't let these traitors make it to the capitol!" Though they fought bravely, it was becoming apparent that the smaller army was quickly losing ground.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:37 pm

"Should we help them or not?" she was asking Roman as well as her compatriots.

"Well, if she's a leader of some type, maybe even an emporer, then gaining favor with her would be a smart thing to do in my opinion." Chiara moved to push her glasses up onto her nose, then remembered she wasn't wearing any, because ancient rome.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:40 pm

Mordred and Chiaki both looked over the field to try to discern the insignias. Given the year, there were only a few things it could be, historically, unless this was a minor skirmish... Chiaki's mind was racing, pages flipping in her mind.

Medea put a hand on Chiara's shoulder. "You're smart and experienced, but battle like this is far too risky. Besides, if we curry favor with the wrong side, we risk making the Singularity's incongruities worse. We should wait."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:42 pm

Artoria restlessly put a hand on her sword. "It seems like they're trying to protect the capital. Given everything, I don't want to stand by and watch them be overrun."

Da Vinci put in her two cents. "You should go to her aid. If she is the Emperor, she needs all the help she can get."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:46 pm

Clarent was already swinging, Mordred loosening their shoulders. "What are we waiting for?"

Medea sighed. "All right, but as per what one hopes is usual, the Masters should stay at a safe distance." Mari stopped mid-stretch.

"Even me?"

You're not even wearing armor," Medea frowned. Mari looked down at herself.

"Huh. Okay, fair point."

Mordred leaped over the crest of the hill and slid down towards the fray. "Emperor!"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:49 pm

"Alright, looks like we're doing this then." Avalon stood calling a wind to her aid and sending it down towards the opposing army. It was almost hurricane force, and sent clothing and hair flapping about and kicked dust up into the eyes of the soldiers. "If the rest of you wanna get up close and personal go for it." she smiled at Mordred and Artoria.

"Let's come up from behind!" Chiara suggested to Astolfo. "We can dive down with hippogriff and they'll never see us coming!"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:56 pm

Artoria charged in with Excalibur in hand. "Don't forget these are regular humans. We don't have to show them mercy, but we should exercise some restraint."

She dove into the Emperor's front ranks and with a single swing of her sword, sent forth a blast of wind that knocked down twenty soldiers.

"R-Roger that!" Mashu leapt in next, bashing soldiers aside with her shield.

The Emperor quickly took note of their presence. "Hoh! Reinforcements! Good! Keep pressing men! Show them the strength of the Empire!"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Mari gestured to Medea. "See!! Normal humans!" She squatted low, scratching her nose with her pinky.

"Mm... I'm going in." Before she could be stopped, she slid whooping down the hill. Medea threw her hands up in the air, then turned to Avalon.

"I'll keep an eye on them, call for me if you need backup here!" She swept her cloak out behind her and took to the air, following Astolfo and Chiara.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:02 pm

Avalon chuckled, "Go get 'em babe!" she called after Mari. She waved and smiled to Medea as she swept off.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:07 pm

With the Servants' and Masters' strength combined, they easily turned the tide in their favor, each Servant beating back dozens of soldiers single-handedly. After enough losses, the larger army finally fell back into retreat.

The Emperor ordered her men to be at ease, then approached the party. "You did a good job there. What beautiful fighting! Where are you from? Are you reinforcements from the capital?"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:12 pm

"Just passersby, actually. Returning from abroad," Avalon said approaching, "but we know our leader when we see her and naturally had to help." she bowed.

Chiara hurried around, helping to tend to the wounded. She scooted over to Medea, keeping her voice to a whisper, "This might seem dumb since we just revealed a hippogriff, but we can use magic to heal these guys right?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:19 pm

Chiaki stepped forward, then gave a nervous curtsey. "E-Emperor Nero, may we offer you and your forces aide? We have gifts from, uh, the Gods that would afford succor!" She looked back at Medea and Chiara. "Right??"

Medea smiled approvingly and nodded. "Come this way, if you'll allow us."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:21 pm

Chiara gave her sister an approving smile and a quick hug before continuing to heal the wounded.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:27 pm

"Good, good! I am pleased to receive your aid and your praise! For your performance I shall give you a great reward when we return to Rome! You are the true defenders of Rome, and Nero Claudius praises you! Bask in the voice of the Emperor and be fascinated by my magnificence! You have special permission!" She seemed rather pleased with herself as she posed with one arm on her chest and the other outstretched.

Dr. Roman appeared dumbstruck. "Emperor Nero was a woman... Well, I suppose after Artoria, I shouldn't be surprised."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:31 pm

Chiara didn't want to stop helping the wounded, but she shouted out from a distance, her cheeks rosy, "I'm a big fan! I would come bask if people weren't dying!"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:35 pm

Magic glowed between Chiaki's hands as she knelt over a soldier. "M-Me too!"

Mari took a break from helping wounded soldiers over to the triage area and flopped on the ground. "Phew... Good fighting, y'r Emperorness."

"I'm pretty sure it's just Imperial Majesty..." Mordred muttered.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next