Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Disclosure

2 posters

Go down

Full Disclosure Empty Full Disclosure

Post by Damascus Wed May 24, 2017 12:23 am

Da Vinci waited until everyone had a day to rest up before she came to see Lazarus. She leaned against a desk, a grim look on her face.

"Hopefully this isn't a bad time, but I have things to tell you. I know you'll find out about Marisbury's experiments eventually, and you're better off knowing now than later. I believe they're the main reason he didn't invite you here sooner; he figured you would disapprove."

"When he designed the Heroic Spirit summoning system, he knew he didn't have the same magic the Einzberns had. The Greater Grail used a homunculus as its base, and Marisbury figured he needed something similar to use as a foundation. To that purpose, he had Chaldea create several designer babies with superior Magic Circuits to serve as receptacles for Heroic Spirits."

"In 2010, when most of the children were ten years old, he began summoning trials. Most of the children died from the stress of the ritual. The only one that worked was Mashu. The summoning was successful, but the Heroic Spirit was so appalled by his experiments that it refused to awaken. However, since leaving altogether would result in Mashu's death, it decided to go dormant instead."

"When I was summoned, I too was appalled, and very nearly left Chaldea in a rage. I decided to stay inside, but I went ballistic on Marisbury for what he'd done. I can't say he felt ashamed, but I certainly humiliated. Shortly after that... he died."

Damascus
Admin

https://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Full Disclosure Empty Re: Full Disclosure

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu May 25, 2017 7:03 pm

Lazarus sighed, "We might have even been able to assist with homunculi construction if he'd asked..." the whole situation was upsetting. "When we resolve out present situation, I'm going to need your help correcting the issues that lead to this...Mages...should not be exempt from societal laws...I refuse to let this stand any longer even if I have to wrangle the mages association by force. They simply are ruining everything." brow furrowed, he took a deep calming breath. He had not raised his voice but he trembled slightly with anger. "For now, we have to move on though. I appreciate you telling me about this."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Thu May 25, 2017 7:10 pm

Da Vinci stared at the wall as her memories went back. "The Mage's Association. Even since my time, they haven't changed. Simply the oldest of the oldest families, consolidating power and oppressing everyone else. Magic should be for everyone to use. They claim to represent mages, but they all they are is gentry." She leaned back and crossed her arms. "Since the Age of the Gods died, magi are slaves to bloodlines. Would that we could break free of it."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu May 25, 2017 7:16 pm

"Personally, I believe we can. I think Marisbury was on the right track with a few things, but his ideals were misplaced. I already have some ideas. But the current people in power simply have to be cleared out. I have not yet taken the time to prove it, but..." he was silent for a moment. Even to him this theory sounded crazy but he felt the need to voice it, "Well...and again I reiterate it must be tested, but I think the consolidation of magic is what is killing it. I theorize that by keeping magic from the general populace, and by placing to much stock in the blood of people, we have sucked all of the magic into this world and none is getting put back. That's why it keeps getting weaker and weaker...if magic users re-integrate with the world, stop hiding, and spread their talents...I think we could refill the magic in this earth..." he looked unsure. He hadn't mentioned this to even Yui or Phillipus.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Thu May 25, 2017 7:27 pm

Da Vinci's eyes actually widened in surprise. "You mean... you mean making magic known to the whole world? That's quite the bold idea!" She scratched her chin. "It's true that Magic is dying out. With Solomon's death, the world is changing from one that obeys Mystery to one that obeys Physics. You could say magecraft is being replaced by science. I'm not sure if we can ever truly go back to the way things were." There was a sparkle in her eyes, and she smiled slightly. "But, your idea is exciting. It's hard to say what could happen, but there are so many possibilities!" She laughed. "Phillipus advocated for the same thing during his life. You two make quite the pair."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu May 25, 2017 7:30 pm

"Oh yes! He is a dear dear friend of mine. When we get to this issue, he'll be instrumental I'm sure. Medea as well! Now we just have to make sure Tesla can manage to be around you for extended periods and we'll be all set!"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Thu May 25, 2017 7:36 pm

She laughed. "Oh yes, I'm still working on him! Sometimes if I ambush quickly with something scientifically interesting I can distract him long enough to stay put!"

"Thanks for talking to me. Hopefully, we can put all this trouble behind us soon. We'll get things set up for the Grand Order, so let your friends know that whenever they're ready, we can send them off."

Lazarus left her to her work for the moment and went to look for Yui. When she wasn't in her room or hanging out with the other Servants, he wandered the hallways. He found Yui in the outermost hallway--the only one with windows, looking out on the mountainside that was consumed in a blizzard as usual.

She sat looking out at the snow with watery eyes, not immediately seeing Lazarus as he approached. Fou was curled up on the floor next to her, snoozing contentedly.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu May 25, 2017 7:37 pm

Seeing her expression, he approached quietly and wrapped his arms around her, "I agree." he stated softly, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Thu May 25, 2017 7:42 pm

She sniffled and kissed his cheek back. "My parents. Carlotta, Atalanta, Hideto, Ayaka. I can't stop thinking about all of them. Just... gone. I hope Da Vinci's right that we can bring them back." She laughed weakly. "She's Leonardo Da Vinci, so I'm sure she knows what she's talking about."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu May 25, 2017 7:44 pm

"Oh we can. It won't be easy, but it can be done. I promise. Even if we fail, which I assure you there isn't a high chance of, I won't stop working on another way until I succeed."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Thu May 25, 2017 7:46 pm

She smiled at him warmly. "I don't think there's anyone in the world that can stop you when you set your mind to something."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu May 25, 2017 7:55 pm

He chuckled, "Well all problems can be solved given enough time, and I have all of it. But none of this would be possible without you...without your support I'm nothing. I have no idea what I'll do if you go before me..." Lazarus' eyes watered a little as well. Though he fully planned to grant her a similar immortality to his, he was worried he wouldn't have time, or that by the time he completed it, she wouldn't be happy with the state her body was in. He knew full well without her kindness and strategy from the very beginning they'd both be out there, burnt up just like their friends...at least on the upside, he knew losing Yui would be the worst thing that could ever happen to him. If the event transpired and he made it through, he could survive anything thrown at him. He sniffled, hugging her tight and burying his face into her shoulder. He had meant to be the one comforting her, but his need for catharsis was just too much at the moment.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Thu May 25, 2017 8:02 pm

Fou's ear twitched, and one eye opened to look up at them curiously.

"Oh, Lazarus..." Yui put her face into Lazarus' shoulder as well, not able to hold her tears back. He'd been working so hard for her, for them, really for all of humanity. He'd been suffering much more than her, so she needed to be there to comfort him as well.

She hugged him tight for a long moment, before finally pulling back, looking much more resolved. "Let's do this."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Thu May 25, 2017 8:04 pm

He grinned, "Definitely. And I'm sorry I just...think we both needed that." he gave her another kiss, and took her hand as they headed to the control area to rayshift everyone to the first anomoly.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Thu May 25, 2017 8:05 pm

"It's alright. It was good to get it out." She smiled and kissed him. "We'll get through this together."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum