Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Summoning of the Grail

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Summoning of the Grail - Page 3 Empty Re: The Summoning of the Grail

Post by Kittenboxxing Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:53 pm

Lazarus nodded and looked to Kirei, "Will you help?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:58 pm

The priest nodded. "I can prepare another Baptism Rite." He hated to destroy the thing he had sought for so long, but there was no other way now. The only wish it was granting was its own.

"We can combine that with my gems and your spell, Lazarus." An idea suddenly came to her. "There might be a way to use a full-powered Blasted Tree and save Berserker. Caster, if she absorbs the magic from your Azoth and converts into electricity, it might be enough to keep her reactor running even if she uses it at full power." She bit her lip again. "Though it's no guarantee. It still might drain her to zero even with the added boost."

Damascus
Admin

https://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:00 pm

"I'm willing to try anything, for her sake. If a storm that shakes the heavens could keep her going, I'll conjure the strongest I can."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:01 pm

"No harm in trying...at least none that might not already happen, " the mage chuckled nervously. "He began to prepare spells, and a couple of the gems he had filled from the leyline at the Tohsaka mansion. Hopefully those could help as well with refilling Berserker's mana.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:03 pm

Yui nodded, sliding five of her gems into her hand. "I'm ready when you are."

Berserker smiled and turned to Caster, extending her mace to accept mana from him. At the same time, Kirei began to chant again, sweat beading on his forehead.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:05 pm

He returned the smile as the tip of the sword touched her mace, the current of mana beginning to steadily flow.

"Come back to us as soon as you can."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:14 pm

Berserker nodded as the mana surged into her. A shining blue light surrounded her mace and spread up the rest of her body. The bolts on her head opened up, and electricity crackled over her entire body. Her eyes widened as her mana capacity nearly doubled with everything Caster was giving her.

Kirei completed his chant, blasting the mud again with the Baptism Rite. Lazarus' fireball and Yui's gems rode the wave of power behind it, tearing even more into the mud and opening a route for Berserker.

She dashed into the theater, coming down to the floor in front of the Grail and planting the end of her mace in the ground. The mana instantly erupted from her, blasting back the mud before it could touch her. Bolts of electricity filled the inside of the theater and Berserker straightened up and set her eyes on the Grail.

"With me, together, come……Blasted Tree!!"

To the spectators outside, it was as though Thor himself had come down upon earth. Blinding white light filled the theater, then arced up and blasted the roof off the entire building. The Masters, and even Caster and Rider were blown black by the concussive force of her Noble Phantasm. Arcs of lightning licked the scyscrapers around them, and made their hair stand on end. The inside of the theater was utter chaos for several seconds, until finally it died down.

The smoky remains of the theater were burned clean of the mud, and the golden Grail lay in burnt pieces upon the stage. Berserker stood amidst it all, panting heavily.

She turned back and smiled at Yui. The reactor in her mace began to shudder...

Damascus carried out 1 launched of one The Summoning of the Grail - Page 3 ZfOu2HA (Saving throw.) :
The Summoning of the Grail - Page 3 FCooL81

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:16 pm

Berserker wobbled, and fell to the ground.

"No... no!!" Yui dashed through the doorway and down the aisle to her Servant. She lifted Berserker by the shoulders, fearing the worst. Her eyes were closed, and her breathing shallow.

But there was still the slightest of hums emanating from her mace. It had been drained... but not completely. She was going to live. Tears of relief spilled from Yui's eyes.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:17 pm

Lazarus immediately stumbled to his feet, and sent gems to fuel the reactor. His focus was completely on Berserker, and inside he prayed to whatever god might listen that she would be able to make it through such an attack.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Caster bolted over, Rider on his heels, and added his own casting to the reactor. Rider bounced on the balls of his feet next to him, frantic.

"Put your hands together and rub them with lightning bolts and put them on her chest!! That's what the doctors do now, isn't it?? You're a doctor!!"

"We're doing what we can, Astolfo. She's still breathing, we'll pull her through." Caster concentrated, one hand on a bolt and the other on the mace.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:25 pm

With the added input of the mages, Berserker's reactor hiccupped and began to hum with a more steady tone. The Servant's eyes fluttered open, and she looked up at the people gathered around her. She smiled, then closed her eyes again and snuggled into Yui's arms.

"Thank god..." Yui sobbed, cradling her.

Kirei walked over behind them, then looked over to the remains of the Grail. "What a senseless way for it to end." He looked down at his hand. His Command Spells had disappeared once again, now that the Grail was no longer keeping them there.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:28 pm

"I'm sorry Kirei. Perhaps there could be another war?" he looked to Yui with the question.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:28 pm

Caster let out a slow sigh of relief. "Welcome back, Berserker," he said with a warm smile. He stood up, dusted off his robes, and turned to Kirei.

"I agree in the most literal sense, it doesn't make any sense at all. How could the Grail be corrupted? Was this what it wanted all along?" He turned and looked at the charred pieces.

"You have talented mages and spirits that have seen many things at your disposal. If you have questions, perhaps we can answer them. It wouldn't hurt to try."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:32 pm

Yui wiped her eyes. "I don't know what happened to the Grail, but I intend to find out." She turned to Lazarus. "Destroying this Grail ended the War, but it's only a piece of the entire system. There will likely be another War when enough mana has been amassed. In about sixty years."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:34 pm

Lazarus nodded. "What of our servants then?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:37 pm

Yui smiled down at Berserker. "Well... Even without the Grail, so long as we supply them with mana, they can remain in this world."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:38 pm

Rider wiped tears away from his eyes, beaming.

"What a wonderful love story, Yui-san!! A true legend!" Caster shook his head with amusement.

"So, Lazarus, do you think you can handle the both of us?"

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:40 pm

Lazarus' face lit up immediately and he hugged Caster and Rider, "Of course I can! Especially if Miss Yui continues to let us live with her on the leyline. "

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:44 pm

"Of course," Yui answered, her eyes still watery. "I guess the mansion will be rather crowded now. My dad's gonna be so confused."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:45 pm

"I'm sure he'll be fine once we explain!" the mage waved off her concern. "And since we'll all be around, we can help Kirei rebuild his church. It will still be a central need of the next war after all."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:46 pm

"Of course!!" Rider jumped, pumping a fist into the air. Caster nodded in agreement.

"If Mr. Kirei is amenable to the idea, that is. I also still need to remove the enchantment, whenever you're ready."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:49 pm

Kirei sighed. He had almost forgotten about the church. "That's true. It would be much appreciated." He turned around and lowered his shirt to let Caster remove the spell.

"I think I'd like to go home," Yui sighed. She perked up when she heard sirens in the distance. "We also better get out of here before the emergency crews show up."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:52 pm

"This will only take a moment." Caster withdrew the vellum from his robes and placed it on Kirei's back, tracing the words and markings in reverse while chanting. Kirei's back tingled, almost itched lightly as the ink seeped from one surface to another, shapes shrinking and growing. When Caster finally peeled the paper away, the priest's back was entirely bare.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:53 pm

After Caster removed the spell, the crew quickly scattered, Lazarus promising the priest they would be in touch. He felt a little bad that he had lost Atalanta to the failed grail, but it was good of the woman to volunteer. Luckily Yui had found time to give the movers a call, and the mansion was now fully furnished again. Lazarus plopped down on a couch in one of the main sitting rooms and took a moment to just relax.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:09 pm

[[We moved here-->!]]

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content