Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Summoning of the Grail

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Summoning of the Grail Empty The Summoning of the Grail

Post by Damascus Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:59 pm

Yui wheeled Irisviel's wheelchair into the hotel elevator and pushed the button for the ground floor. The Einzbern woman had been losing strength progressively over the past 24 hours, and could no longer stand on her feet.

"I suppose that means this is it," Irisviel mused. "The end of the war."

"Yeah..." Yui said. "Are you... okay?"

The woman smiled up at her kindly. "I'm fine. This day has been prepared for me. I am just thankful that you have treated me with such kindness."

Yui smiled back. "Thank you. I'm glad to hear it."

Yui had purposefully chosen a hotel near to the theater so as to be as close as possible to the leyline. The only had to cross the busy street, and Yui pushed open the front doors to the theater and stepped inside.

Phalluses. Everywhere.

Yui and Irisviel stared blankly at the stage decoration. "What..." Yui trailed off. What the hell were they doing in here?

Damascus
Admin

https://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Summoning of the Grail Empty Re: The Summoning of the Grail

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:04 am

"Dionysia," Atalanta stated shortly as she passed by them. Lazarus passed them as well, looking at some of the more artful glass creations.
"Interesting!" he exclaimed, turning one over in his hands before placing it back on a windowsill.
Atalanta jumped up onto the stage, and arranged some pillows in a comfortable fashion for Irisviel. "You may rest up here, if you wish"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:07 am

"Oh, how wonderful! Ideal for relaxing after a hard-won battle, I'd imagine!" Caster followed with Cesar tucked under an arm.

"I drank sooo much~! But I still felt fine the next day!" Astolfo flashed a cheeky smile, flexing an arm to show off his stamina.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:08 am

Kirei entered behind Atalanta and Astolfo, smirking at Yui's and Irisviel's bafflement.

Irisviel giggled as Lazarus handled the props. "Thank you." With Atalanta's help, Yui carefully lifted Irisviel out of the wheelchair and laid her on the pillows, where she carefully crossed her hands over her stomach.

Yui waited with bated breath for the rest of the group to assemble around them. She nodded in Atalanta's direction. "Whenever everyone is ready." She kept a gem gripped in one hand, just in case things went awry. With all the surprises so far this war, there was no telling what could happen.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:12 am

Atalanta took a deep breath, " I haven't much to say, but it was a pleasure knowing all of you. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to realize my wish..." she gave everyone short hugs except for Astolfo, whom she squeezed as tightly as possible without causing pain, and gave a kiss on the cheek. "I will miss you. I hope that there will be no more grail wars, but if there are, I pray that I'll see you again."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:14 am

Even Yui, not knowing Atalanta that well, teared up as they hugged. Berserker, likewise, squeezed her tightly, despite the fact that they were once enemies. "Mmnh!"

Last edited by Damascus on Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:15 am

Astolfo ran forward to hug Atalanta tight, nodding into her shoulder before skittering back to Caster's side, putting his arms around Caster's waist with his face tucked away, tears already welling.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:19 am

Atalanta nodded to Kirei, "Shall we?" With his assent she lead him into the dressing room. She didn't want to die in the same place as the master had been tortured. She had informed Kirei that she had gained them privacy on the journey here, so he could do whatever he wished. She sat on a chair and waited.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:21 am

Kirei was a little disappointed to not being able to perform it in front of the others, but he respected Atalanta's wishes more. He took one of her hands.

"Thank you for everything. It was an honor knowing you. I hope we can fulfill your wish."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:24 am

"It was an honor knowing you as well," she replied, squeezing his hand with her trademark smirk, "You don't have to be good, but please at least behave when I'm gone. A hunter cannot kill every animal in the forest."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:30 am

He chuckled. "I understand. I will do my best." He slipped the hilt of a single Black Key into his hand. True to his word, he would make it quick and painful. He was pleased enough that he had the opportunity to kill her; it was unnecessary to make her suffer.

He materialized the Black Key and slid it through her ribs and into her heart, sliding it back out again in an instant.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:34 am

A soft gasp escaped her lips as the blade slid out. She fell forward onto him, her face calm, and began to glow softly. Her body seperated into several particles of light that slowly spiraled upward into another unreachable dimension. After only a few moments, his arms were empty. Not even the stain of her blood remained.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:39 am

He held her softly to comfort her in her final seconds, then watched as she dissipated into nothing. A moment later, he looked down at his hand, expecting his Command Spells to disappear, as was the case with most Masters losing their Servants. They didn't. He narrowed his eyes with a mixture of suspicion and curiosity.

The effect on Irisviel was immediate. She gasped suddenly, clenching her teeth as though in great pain. She began to pant, her breath raggedy. As lights flashed before her eyes, an image appeared before her. That of a golden cup, filled with three black lumps. A fourth one joined it, and more of her life force was redirected to the Grail growing inside her.

Kirei emerged from the dressing room in time to see her last moments. Her eyes glassy, she looked over at Yui and Lazarus.

"Thank you..." Irisviel muttered. She let out one last sigh, then was still and silent.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:42 am

"Well..." Lazarus broke the ensuing silence, his face looking slightly crestfallen, "I suppose all went to plan..."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:46 am

Yui leaned against Lazarus. "Yeah... What now?"

She was answered by a sudden flame erupting from Irisviel's stomach. It quickly grew higher and spread over her entire body, burning white and hot. The assembled Masters and Servants watched as her body crumbled to ash... then all at once, the flames went out.

In their place was a golden cup, large enough to hold a gallon of liquid. It began to slowly rise into the air above them.

The Summoning of the Grail Latest?cb=20130819214916

Yui's eyes shone as she beheld the Grail. "I can hardly believe it..."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:50 am

When the flames erupted Lazarus pushed Yui back reflexively, but as the grail emerged. His hand slid down her arm, and his fingers entwined with hers as for once, the mage was speechless. He only exhaled in wonder as the grail rose into the air.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:52 am

Yui gripped his hand tightly, her eyes also locked on the vessel rising into the air. Kirei, though appearing surprised, scrutinized the Grail carefully.

Berserker gasped in wonder and pulled Caster and Rider closer to her.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:24 am

Caster put his arms around Berserker and Rider, drawing them close. "Will wonders never cease," he murmured, eyes locked on the chalice.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:54 pm

A strange sound suddenly came to them from the Grail, like the sound of rushing water. As they looked upon it, a strange black-colored liquid began to run over the lip of the Grail, running down the sides and pooling on the ground below it.

Yui jumped back. "What the hell? Something's not--"

She never got to finish her sentence, as a deluge of black water suddenly exploded out of the top of the Grail, spreading out wide and crashing down onto them. Yui raised her hand to activate a barrier, but there was no time to activate a spell before it hit them.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:00 pm

Lazarus awoke to find himself laying in the pool of black water that had formed under the Grail, as though everything had been a dream. Around him, the other Masters and Servants were similarly collapsed on the floor, and were all also beginning to awake.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:05 pm

He sat up groggily, absentmindedly feeling for the vial he had collected before coming to the conclusion that it was probably not there. "Did anyone else meet an evil god or was it just me?" he asked the room as he gained his footing and made his way to help Yui up.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:09 pm

Yui held her head as she stumbled to her feet. "I saw... everything that happened with you and Irisviel... like a dream." She helped Berserker to her feet, as she stared up at the Grail, which still hovered in the air. "So... the Grail is evil, huh? Great."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:13 pm

"At least this time around. You did mention something seemed off. Perhaps you could contact your father and ask if this happened last time?" he put a sympathetic hand on her shoulder. "I'm sure there must be a way to cleanse it, if it's not normal." he needed to fix the main problem at hand, but he wondered why he was the one selected to speak to the god and not any of the others. Surely Kirei would have made a better choice for the whims of this creature.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:17 am

"You did the right thing, denying it." Caster dusted off his robes and helped Berserker and Rider to their feet. Rider was fixated on Lazarus, trembling.

"You... What did you do? Was that blood?? Were you going to be-" Caster gently cut him off with a squeeze on Rider's shoulder.

"People have pursued eternal life in a myriad of ways since time immemorial. Fountains of youth, alchemy, forces of nature. Stealing the life force of others. Every attempt, every true success requires a sacrifice. It takes great fortitude to step away when the price becomes too high." Rider looked Caster over, brows knit together hard. He glanced over at Kirei, remembering the power of the glittering stone. Shuffling backwards from Caster, his voice was stammering and unsure.

"What did you do, then? What price did you pay? You made the Philosopher's Stone!!" Rider shrunk back, ready to bat Caster's hand away until his hand was firmly grasped in Caster's fingers. Caster's thumb was gentle on the back of his hand, tracing circles.

"I am here with you as a Heroic Spirit, not a man of flesh and blood. That alone tells you all you need." Astolfo looked down, shuffling on his feet before running into Caster and wrapping his arms around Caster's chest. Caster hugged him in return and gently ruffled his hair.

"Cheating and reversing death is always risky, and can be frightening. I don't blame your doubts. Don't worry, Astolfo, we won't give in to the Grail."

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:55 pm

"Well, it certainly wasn't designed this way," Yui muttered. "As for cleansing it... I can't imagine what could be potent enough to corrupt an artifact as powerful as this. It might be beyond our abilities."

Kirei narrowed his eyes. "Corrupted... So, all this time we've been fighting for something that was defective?" He clenched his fists tightly as anger rose in his throat. Is this why he was chosen as a Master? Because it was as defective as he was? "Let me have it. I have no wish, nor do I desire a gate to Akasha. Defective or not, it can still answer my questions. No more sacrifices are even necessary."

Yui shot the priest a venomous look. "No one is touching that thing until we figure out why it ended up this way."

[[PS, pretty sure this is supposed to be a sign:]]
The Summoning of the Grail 2whqma9

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next