Tohsaka Mansion: THE WAR BEGINS

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tohsaka Mansion: THE WAR BEGINS

Post by Damascus on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:46 pm

Finishing her own breakfast, Yui stood and bowed to Caster before leaving the kitchen. Berserker still sat there, eating slowly and regarding the other Servant curiously.

Yui stepped out into the courtyard, and walked to a small bird coop in the corner of the yard. She opened the door to look over the dozen sparrows inside, her familiars, patiently awaiting orders. She concentrated, sending her thoughts to them, picturing the locations she wanted to scout. The obediently left the coop, flying out one at a time. About half headed straight northeast, toward urban Miyama, and the rest scattered in different directions.

She watched them go with a mixture of apprehension and cautious optimism. The Holy Grail War had begun.

Damascus
Admin

View user profile http://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:52 pm

Lazarus prepared a small circle and sat down, concentrating. He reached out with tendrils of thought, to the stray animals of Miyama's streets. Dogs were his favorite, and he worked well with them. As he found their brains via their eager thoughts, he lured them with pictures of food, shelter, and love. All they had to do was follow the scent of the leyline.

In an hour, there were five dogs barking and jumping outside the gate of the Tohsaka mansion.

Kittenboxxing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:59 pm

Yui came to the window and saw the dogs barking at the gate. Even from here, she could sense the magic in the animals.

"Lazarus?" she called back into the house. "Do you have something to do with the dogs at the gate?"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:01 pm

"It looks as though the troops have arrived." Caster opened the window and leaned against the sill, chin in hand, watching the hounds eagerly jump. "Is there anything in particular you would like me to prepare?"

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:04 pm

"I trust your judgement." Lazarus replied to caster before leaning out into the hallway. "I do! Would you mind letting them into the yard? They're my familiars!" he headed downstairs as he spoke, eager to meet his new furry friends.

Kittenboxxing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:10 pm

Yui smiled and snapped her fingers. The gates outside opened, letting Lasarus' furry familiars onto the property, before closing behind them once again.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:17 pm

Caster bowed as Lazarus left the room, then scouted out a place of his own. A place with vessels, water, herbs...

He found himself standing in the kitchen doorway and huffed a short laugh. Nothing to be done about it, then. He tied on an apron and rolled up his sleeves, then started work on healing potions.

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:22 pm

Lazarus bounded out to meet the pups, giving them several pets and some treats he had brought with him. Soon he had a hose out and was giving them baths and letting them play with the water. He quickly whipped up a shampoo of water, vinegar and dish soap and began to bathe the pups. Happier familiars did better work. After they were clean he left them outside to play with each other, tracking mud, water, and fur into the mansion as he returned to his room to research the location he was sending them to, so that he could send a properly inconspicuous dog.

Kittenboxxing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:44 pm

Caster had bound his hair back with a kerchief and was muddling roots in a mortar and pestle. "If you like, I could raise a few homunculi. A clean dog being walked or played with would raise less suspicion than a perceived stray."

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing on Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:16 am

"That's an excellent idea! Thank you!" The mage gushed, clapping his servant on the back with a wet, fur covered hand; not to mention a little harder than was particularly necessary. He took a deep breath of the herbs Caster was muddling (he loved the smell of fresh herbs) and struck back out to find Yui and inform her of Caster's homonculus idea and to inform her that the dogs were ready!

Last edited by Kittenboxxing on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kittenboxxing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus on Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:10 pm

Yui sat at the dining room table, and had pulled a large ruby necklace out of her shirt. She held it in front of her eyes and gazed deep into it, watching the images within. She dropped the necklace when she saw Lazarus approaching.

"Hey, Lazarus," she greeted him with a smile. "You seem excited."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:26 pm

"Yes! The dogs are ready when you are, and Caster had an idea to have a homonculus walking it so it doesn't look odd. What do you think?"

Kittenboxxing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:44 pm

Yui pondered Lazarus' idea. "Actually, that's pretty brilliant! Provided the homonculus is fairly convincing, I don't think it would emit enough mana to be noticeable."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:56 pm

A figure walked in, an average height and an average build. It seemed to wear a blue polo shirt and khaki cargo shorts with sneakers - the fabric looked as though it folded and shifted, the laces of the shoes flopped limply in the air - but if one looked close enough they could see the clothing was merely molded on to it. A black ball cap was on top of its head, shadowing a non-descript, unfinished face. It smiled, a crease where its mouth should be, and gave a friendly wave.

Caster poked his head in, all puffed up in triumph. "Ahoy! How does he look? Not too shabby, eh? It's just a first draft, though, detailed faces might take more time."

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:00 pm

"That looks amazing! However before we release him, I would definitely add more detail to the face. Humans look at faces, and will balk a bit if they feel something is a bit off. Beautiful work though!" he clapped as he praised his servant, beaming with excitement to begin their reconnaissance.

Kittenboxxing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:11 pm

Caster stroked his chin, then gestured to the homunculus to come closer. He placed his hands on the homunculus's face, fingers glowing, and started to mold.

In 10 minutes, the homunculus had the face of Caster himself. The Servant grinned broadly and clapped the artificial man on the shoulder. "Such a handsome guy, don't you think?"

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:15 pm

"Much better than the previous face," Yui chuckled.

Berserker poked her face into the room to see what was going on. Upon seeing the homunculus, she bristled and stepped back, hiding behind the corner.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:21 pm

"Very handsome indeed!" Lazarus agreed with a laugh. He noticed berserker and her hestiation. He held out a hand to her and approached slowly. "Don't be afraid my dear. It won't hurt you." he smiled kindly at the nonplussed servant.

Kittenboxxing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:31 pm

"Mmnh..." Berserker shot a frown at the homunculus, but with her eyes hidden under her red bangs, her exact expression wasn't clear. Still, she gingerly crept into the room, and shuffled over behind Yui.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:36 pm

Caster gently pushed the homunculus into a crouch and held out its hand. "He won't hurt you, come see." He smiled warmly, tone gentle. "You don't have to be nervous, could you show me what's wrong?"

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:38 pm

The mage retracted his hand back to his side. "Well, I think we're ready to get started then. Shall we?" he smiled brightly at Yui, gesturing towards the door.

Kittenboxxing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:42 pm

Berserker clutched tightly to Yui's shirt and refused to move, hiding behind her Master's shoulder.

"I don't know whether she's scared or not," Yui observed. "Something about the homunculus is making her really uncomfortable. Maybe we should just keep them apart?"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:46 pm

Caster nodded at Yui. "Let's, then. Although I wonder why she's so bothered... I'd like to borrow any books you have on artificial constructions and created men, if you have any."

He helped the golem back up and took its hand as if in a handshake, staring directly into its eyes. After a moment, it nodded in understanding.

Caster smiled in satisfacton. "We're ready when you are!"

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:57 pm

"Ah, sorry, I don't think I have any such books. The Tohsakas were never interested in homunculi or golems; that's more of the Einzbern's specialty." She smiled and gave Berserker a comforting pat on the shoulders. "Go ahead! I'll have my own familiars cover any ground that yours miss."

"Oh!" she suddenly exclaimed, gripping her necklace. "I can't believe I forgot to tell you! Some time ago, my familiars noticed a magical disturbance in downtown Shinto. I found a brief scuffle between two Servants. It seems like we already have the first casualty of the War; Assassin is dead!"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:02 pm

"That's actually quite a relief; it means the stealthiest of our possible enemies is taken care of." He sighed, regretful. "I hate speaking of a colleague in such a way, but shrewd thought is necessary in times like these."

"Lazarus, shall we still cover the school? Clayster can cover the perimeter with the dogs in the meantime."

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top