The Empire of Roses

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Empire of Roses

Post by Damascus on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:41 pm

Nero noticed them using magic to heal the soldiers, but strangely, didn't seem to be too taken aback. "Umu. Once everyone's healed up, we'll head back."

In short order, the surviving soldiers were healed up and on their feet. Nero led them back to the road that would lead them to Rome, and waved the Chaldea party over. "As my imperial defenders, come join me at the front! So, you say you're from abroad. What foreign lands did you come from? Are you very familiar with my Rome?"

Damascus
Admin

View user profile http://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:45 pm

"As you can see we all hail from lots of different places, " Avalon gestured to the group. "We travel all over, helping where needed and learning what we can from other cultures. We've been to many places in Rome but we've been gone for...goodness. A few years now."

Kittenboxxing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:48 pm

Medea smiled. "I, for one, am quite familiar, your Majesty. I am Athenean, originally of Colchis. The beauties of the Empire are not lost on me - yet I did not recognize the heraldry of the opposition. From who were you defending Your lands?"

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:54 pm

Nero nodded with concern. "Yes... I suppose being gone means you've missed everything that has happened here. My Rome is under great threat here."

"The glorious Empire is about to be torn to shreds. On one side, the genuine Roman Empire that I rule, with Rome as its capital. On the other, a coalition that appeared suddenly, ruled my multiple fake "emperors." They call themselves the United Roman Alliance. In just eight short months, they've conquered half my territory. We don't know their true identity, or even the whereabouts of their capital. We've sent scouts out, but none have returned."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:57 pm

"I'm sorry we missed such important events," Avalon replied, "Can I ask what else you know about these 'emporers'?"

Kittenboxxing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus on Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:06 am

"Nothing else, other than that they consider themselves rightful emperors of Rome. No names or anything. It infuriates me that these pretenders challenge my throne! I hope that with your assistance we can put an end to their treachery."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:08 am

Chiaki leaned close to Medea, whispering behind a hand.

"Isn't that pretty common for Roman history, though? The Byzantines are coming, after all..." Medea kept a practiced neutral face, replying in a hushed tone.

"She doesn't need to know that. Besides, this could be part of the Singularity we're looking for."

Astolfo brandished his sword, giving it a flourished swing!

"Don't worry, Your Majesty!! We'll put a stop to any bullies and brigands!" He bounced on the balls of his feet, jabbing into the air at nothing with a bright grin.

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:43 pm

"Good words!" Nero praised Astolfo. "I know I can count on you lot to defend the Empire!"

Within a few hours, they reached the outskirts of Roma, and Nero led them into the city, welcomed by the cheers of the townspeople.

"Welcome back to my Rome, the greatest city in the world! Everything started here with the Divine Ancestor. As they say, the Seven Hills--the Septem Montes--wast hither first."

They walked past towering marble columns and huge open-air markets. As they passed the huge forum of Rome, Nero strode over to a produce stall.

"Ah, store owner, may I take one of these apples?"

The owner, who had been distracted with another customer, turned around and jumped in surprise. "Oh! Her Majesty! Yes, please take one! Glory to Her Majesty and Rome!"

Nero took a big bite and considered it. "Umu. This is a good apple!" She gestured to the Chaldea group. "How about it? A sweet fruit does wonders after a tiring battle. No wounds will heal, but your motivation will definitely recover!"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:26 pm

"How much are they?" Chiaki patted her hip where her pocket would be otherwise, only to blush after realizing her usual handbag didn't exactly make the jump with her.

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:46 pm

"Don't worry about the price! You're my honored guests!" She plopped a handful of gold coins on the merchant's table and tossed Chiaki an apple. "Umu! Do you have a place to stay in the city? If not, I'd be happy to give you rooms in the imperial palace!"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:30 am

Chiaki fumbled only slightly before catching the apple with both hands. "Oh, we've only just arrived, so..." Astolfo lit up, bouncing over to the Emperor.

"The imperial palace??? I haven't stayed in a palace in ages!!" He whirled around to the Pendragons. "Right?? Doesn't that sound nice??" Mordred sighed, covering their face slightly with a hand, before facing Nero.

"If it wouldn't be too imposing, Your Highness, we would gladly embrace your hospitality."

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:22 pm

"Very good! Then come with me!"

Nero led the group deeper into the city until they came to base of a large hill, on which was built a staggering huge palace complex.

"Behold! Palatine Hill! It is said that under here was the cave in which Romulus and Remus were found by the she-wolf. Atop it is my royal palace, the Houses of Augustus and Livia Drusilla! Ah, but I'm sure you all know this already."

As they approached, a man appeared on the front steps. He wore decorated red and gold robes, and had a short staff in one hand. He rushed down the steps toward them with a look of alarm.

"Ah, Simon! Are you--"

"Your majesty, step away from them!"

Nero blinked in confusion. "Ah, I'm sure their appearance must seem odd. These men and women came to my aid in battle, so I invited them to the Palace!"

The robed man glared at the newcomers. "You invited these people that you just met? It didn't occur to you that they could be assassins?"

He glared at the Servants in particular, and a globe of golden fire appeared in the mage's free hand.

"Tell me. What brings Servants to the Imperial Palace?"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:31 am

Simon? Simon, Simon... Chiaki huffed quietly into one hand as she tried to remember anything from her readings. Astolfo jumped behind Nero.

"W-We're not assassins!!! I'm a Rider, they're both Sabers, she's a Caster..."

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top