The King and I

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The King and I

Post by Damascus on Wed May 10, 2017 12:59 am

Artoria nodded and went to her room with Mordred. Her room was very modestly decorated, with a few paintings and texts originating from their era that she had collected over the years. A plush lion sat on the pillow of her bed.

She pulled some seats for the two of them and sat down against the wall. She wanted to start the conversation, perhaps to make it more comfortable for her child. But, she still didn't know what to say, even after ten years of expecting this confrontation.

Damascus
Admin

View user profile http://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The King and I

Post by fuyumin on Wed May 10, 2017 1:02 am

Mordred's armor shimmered away to reveal a fitted linen shirt and trousers with simple shoes. They gave a soft smile as they saw the relics, and laughed at the lion.

"What's his name?" They picked it up and tickled the fur under its chin before booping its nose.

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus on Wed May 10, 2017 1:06 am

Artoria blushed indignantly, somehow. "It's... name is Gao." She cleared her throat. "I used to think I was more akin to dragons, but... after I saw a cub at a zoo I became somewhat attached."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Wed May 10, 2017 1:08 am

"It's perfect for you. A king for the king." They gently set Gao back in his place and pulled the blanket up over his lap before taking a seat.

"What was the zoo like?"

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus on Wed May 10, 2017 1:10 am

"It was fun. It's a little sad to see proud animals like that in captivity, but I'm told they're well taken care of. There were all kinds of animals I'd never even heard of before."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Wed May 10, 2017 1:12 am

"I hope I get to go someday. In my notes I mentioned wanting to drive a car on a racetrack, too. Maybe this time, as long as everything works out, I'll be around long enough to try it."

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Wed May 10, 2017 1:14 am

"What else did you do while you were here?"

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus on Wed May 10, 2017 1:20 am

"Well... it was difficult to find something to do at first. All I had known was running a country and fighting. For a long time I just trained. But, eventually I learned to cook. That was pretty fun to do--though I'm told I have a frightening appetite." She chuckled awkwardly.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Wed May 10, 2017 1:27 am

Mordred leaned in with excitement. "I'll bet I do too! I saw some of the dishes from the cafeteria and I feel like I could eat them all!"

"Speaking of... Things we feel best at, or things we feel meant to do..." They folded their hands on top of the table, wiggling awkwardly.

"When I was fighting the other Mordred, afterwards I felt... It was strange, but I felt like a weight came off of my shoulders. By defeating them, it helped me quell the anger left in me. I was scared because if I kept that resentment, I could become them at any time. How easily can that anger be corrupted?"

"The Rebellion... I didn't mean for it to destroy so much. It wasn't worth taking my home and the kingdom I love down with me." They closed their eyes, taking a deep breath.

"It was necessary, but I should've done it differently. There could've been another way, and in our time I was too fixated on proving myself to be a king the way you did. I understand more than ever that I have to let that go." They opened their eyes again, hands moving to their mouth.

"If you could - you don't even have to forgive me... But I want to be better than I was. Britannia is thriving without us, but we can still work together to keep Her safe, if you'll have me."

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus on Wed May 10, 2017 1:41 am

Artoria contemplated for a long moment. "I regret not having the chance to speak with you properly ten years ago. And I've had a lot of time to think about it. I know I wasn't a good King. I let my country fall into ruin. I don't think I can blame you anymore for what you did."

"I tried to distance myself from my people, because I thought that's what a King needed to do. To rule in isolation. I was wrong, and my people paid the price."

"I'll never get a chance to go back and be a better King. By all respects, it looks like the modern world doesn't need kings anymore. Britain has certainly flourished well enough without me."

She tried her best to look Mordred in the eyes. "I still don't really know... how I can be better. I've never known a life outside that one."

She stopped and bit on the end of her tongue. "I'm... I'm sorry. I hope... I can make it better."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Wed May 10, 2017 1:48 am

Mordred smiled, truly smiled. "You want to try. That's a good first step. We can be better together."

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus on Wed May 10, 2017 1:49 am

Artoria smiled back. "That would be nice."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Wed May 10, 2017 8:52 pm

"So, then..." They pressed their hands together, palms inward with a hopeful smile.

"Will you teach me how to cook? People bond together that way and it's a good skill anyways!!"

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus on Wed May 10, 2017 8:56 pm

Artoria nodded. "Of course. I haven't seen what sort of supplies they have at Chaldea, but I'm sure we can figure something out."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Thu May 11, 2017 8:39 pm

The Pendragons talked amicably through the evening, reminiscing with Mordred listening attentively to Artoria's stories from the last decade. It was the first time they'd spoken so candidly in... Well, maybe ever. It took centuries, but at last they could build a positive relationship.

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing on Sun May 14, 2017 11:29 pm

Darius was attracted to the delicious smells coming from the kitchen, but seeing the two women bonding, decided not to barge in and opted instead to read for awhile. When Artoria left, however, he peeked in, hoping for some leftovers. When he was in his supressed state, he noticed how much food his body required. And honestly, he greatly missed some of the huge banquets he'd had. He walked in, still holding his book, and nodded to Mordred, "May I ask you a favor?"

Kittenboxxing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Tue May 16, 2017 8:41 pm

There was a smear of chocolate by the Saber's mouth as they turned to respond to Darius. "What can I do for you?" Cookies were still slightly warm on a counter rack, the smell wafting through the kitchen.

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing on Tue May 16, 2017 8:45 pm

"May I have a few cookies? They smell delicious. If not, could I ask you to help me make my own? I do not know how to bake and you have done an excellent job."

Kittenboxxing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Tue May 16, 2017 8:46 pm

They lifted the rack up high in offering. "Go ahead! Maybe sometime I can make you a giant cookie to fit you better," they giggled.

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing on Tue May 16, 2017 8:54 pm

He grinned and chuckled, "I would pay you if you could make a cookie that large!" He retrieved some milk from the fridge, pouring her some as well, before sitting down and munching on several cookies. "Ah, this modern age. I am happy to be here."

Kittenboxxing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Tue May 16, 2017 9:00 pm

"Me too. I feel fortunate to have the chance to have my own life, even if I won't remember everything. I was used to being a knight and a rebel, but now I can be a baker or a driver or whatever else I want to do."

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing on Tue May 16, 2017 9:02 pm

He nodded, "Also, constant heat, cold, water...whatever you need! It's so comfortable here." he took a long drink of milk. " I've always done what I wanted, so I unfortunately cannot sympathize with you there."

Kittenboxxing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Tue May 16, 2017 9:07 pm

They laughed. "Sure, the amenities help, too. No worries about keeping a fire stoked or going to a clean well." Mordred dipped half of a cookie into the milk, letting it soak for a while before eating.

"It was warm where you're from, right? Britain has always been colder... Not that I ever wanted to leave, obviously, but castles and camps could be really chilly. It's nice to not worry about that here."

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing on Tue May 16, 2017 9:22 pm

"Yes, simply living out of the elements is helpful. The places I've seen are more comfortable than anything from my previous life, and I was able to obtain a great deal of comfort...but in any case, my kingdom was quite vast. I've been to more than a few chilly places."

Kittenboxxing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin on Tue May 16, 2017 9:24 pm

"Tell me about it!" The small Saber was an eagerly attentive audience.

fuyumin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top