Fate/mirror image
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Holy Grail Victory

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Holy Grail Victory - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holy Grail Victory

Post by Damascus Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:53 pm

"Ah, no problem!" She waved away the cash. "Luckily I've got Golden Rule as a skill, so I can buy anything! Thanks for the number, though. I'll be in touch." She winked and left the cavern.

Damascus
Admin

https://fatemirrorimage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:57 pm

The letter as follows:

Addressed to HRH King Artoria Pendragon for Immediate and Exclusive Reading;

"This letter was written to inform you that the War of the Holy Grail has concluded. The Grail was taken by Lazarus Quinlan, ending the Mage Conflict of Anno Domini 2005.

I also regret to inform you that Sir Mordred, OBE nobly sacrificed themselves in order to power the Lesser Grail. Their last thoughts were of you, and we are humbled and inspired by their selflessness in the final hours. Magus Quinlan, in having his wish granted by the Grail, is endeavoring to research methods to guarantee Sir Mordred's return without the necessity of the War.

If you have questions, concerns, or simply wish to keep in touch, the wax seal used to close this letter is charmed to re-seal itself on folded paper and will return with whatever parcel it is placed upon to its creator, provided the proper intent.

With deepest sympathies,

Phillipus A. T. B. von Hoenheim of Salsburg

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:05 pm

Phillipus quickly received a hastily scribbled letter in return.

"What proof can you offer so I know you speak the truth?"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fuyumin Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:33 pm

"You are more than welcome to come see for yourself. Crack this additional seal." A purple seal, pressed with a compass rose, was attached underneath.

As soon as the wafer broke, Artoria shifted in space and appeared in the chasm with the others.

fuyumin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:26 pm

Artoria appeared suddenly, and she quickly drew her sword in surprise. She had been expecting magical directions or maybe a psychic message, not teleportation.

She looked around at everyone, noticing how many Servants were missing. She also saw the tall, dark pillar at the other end of the cave.

"W-where am I?"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:22 pm

Avalon waved at the servant, hands up in a friendly position, "Wow sorry! You're at the greater grail. It's under Ryuudo temple. I'm Avalon." she smiled kindly, but didn't offer her hand as she wanted to keep it. " So there's a lesser grail and a greater grail, if you didn't know. I...don't really know how to prove that Lazarus got the grail? but he's the one who made it so you could teleport here. Since we've gotten the grail we're leaving, but Mordred wanted us to make peace with you. We want you to come with us. We know you're a good person and the other masters don't seem so great so far..."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:34 pm

Artoria lowered her sword, but remained skeptical. She looked over at Lazarus. "You touched the Grail? You should have some way to demonstrate its power."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:41 pm

Lazarus nodded, "Of course! I can...do just about anything at the moment. What would you like me to do to prove it to you?"

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:50 pm

"Well, I am no mage myself... But, I am familiar with some of Merlin's magic. Hmm..." An idea came to her, though she looked sheepish about it. "I know of some magics that even Merlin found difficult. Such as shapechanging. If... if you can turn me into another form. An animal or something. I will believe you. Shapechanging a Servant would be impossible for any normal mage, but should be no problem for someone who attained the Grail." She paused, and then quickly added, "Just no funny business! Turn me back as quickly as you can."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:52 pm

Lazarus stared off into space for a few moments, going through his new knowledge, "Alright! Done!" with a wave of his hand, she felt her form shift. Her vision blurred and changed, and eventually she realized she was a lion. Lazarus was smiling down at her, and changed her back after a moment or two. "Satisfactory?" he asked.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:04 pm

"Heavens above!" Artoria was totally out of breath out of the sudden shape change. She bent over and held her stomach as she caught her breath. "I... I see. Yes. I believe you now." She took a moment to collect herself. "I'm still in disbelief. I don't know what to do now. Without the Holy Grail... I have no purpose. I can't save Britain."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:08 pm

" I promise you, Britain has been doing just fine. It didn't need saving, per se." Lazarus assured. "What matters now, is your right to lead a free life, not used as a tool. We want to help you with that, especially as we plan to summon your daughter again somehow. I don't believe your mistress has good intentions, but we have several mages who can contract with you. And before you say anything, I know it's a matter of honor to the one who summoned you, but she is...dangerous. You will have to choose between your own personal honor, or honor to the good of the people."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:13 pm

Artoria looked conflicted. "I know. However, I am still bound by our contract. And however dangerous she is, I can't turn my sword against a child. I don't know how else I would be free of her."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:17 pm

Lazarus gave the servant an empathetic look, "You may have to. We no longer have the servants to attack her en masse. She is an omnipotent being attatched to the root. We literally cannot surprise her, but one thing would. That thing is you attacking her. I know that she is a child technically, but to be honest that's even more of a reason to try and exterminate her. She can't be held, and she has a massive amount of power but only the mind of a child to wield it. I'm so sorry but she's too dangerous."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:26 pm

"Wait. I might have an idea." Yui immediately dug through her bags for notes. She pulled out a fat notebook. "I researched every Servant's Noble Phantasm, including Rule Breaker. I've got the basic Thaumaturgical Theory it operates on. It's too advanced for any other mage, but Lazarus, you might be able to duplicate its effects. Steal Saber's contract."

"You can do that?" Saber asked. "If that's so, that could free me. However, that only solves one problem."

Yui's enthusiasm drooped. "Manaka would still be alive. And if we freed you from her right now, it'd be much harder to surprise her."

"I still don't know if I can kill her! As a knight... and a King..." She groaned, her code of honor clearly conflicting with her sense of reason.

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:01 pm

"I would say the needs of the many outweigh the few, but it doesn't matter! I can probably defend against her as well! Saber, if it's acceptable, I'll give you a new master. If Manaka comes after us, then I'll defend against her when the time comes." he looked to the king, searching for her agreement.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:08 pm

Artoria took a deep breath. It was a better solution than the one she almost was forced to take. "I accept your offer. Do whatever you need to do." She stepped toward him. "Another thing, though. The rest of my team should be informed that the Grail's been claimed. It may not stop them from seeking vengeance, but if they still think it's up for grabs, they'll never stop hunting you."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:12 pm

"I agree, but first let's get to business. I already have a servant. I'll let you choose your master," He introduced the other masters to her, including Phillipus.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:19 pm

Artoria bowed respectfully. "It's nice to meet you all. You all fought valiantly during our engagement." She thought for a moment. "Which one of you was... Mordred's Master?"

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:20 pm

Avalon raised her hand, "That would be me."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:26 pm

Artoria approached Avalon. "I only spoke with Mordred once. She said she served a kind and noble Master. You helped her come to terms with her anxieties, at least in part. I didn't think such a thing could happen to the Knight of Rebellion. I've had to rethink much about our relationship, and if possible, I hope I can talk to her again."

"I would like to serve the Master that had such an effect on Mordred." She went down on one knee and bowed her head. "If you would have me as your Servant."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:28 pm

"Well of course! but..." she ushered the king up off of her knee. "I'm sorry I just...I've studied your legend so much. I look up to you. I can't have you bowing to me." she laughed, and Lazarus contracted Saber with Avalon.

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:33 pm

Artoria chuckled slightly, but stood. Lazarus took Artoria's hand in one of his, and Avalon's hand in the other. Reaching into the knowledge inside himself, as well as the theories Yui had recorded, he easily recreated the foundation for Rule Breaker's magic.

Artoria flinched somewhat as her contract with Manaka broke. Avalon then felt a burning sensation on the back of her hand, as a new set of Command Spells were inscribed there, stolen from their previous owner.

The Holy Grail Victory - Page 2 14lr2c9

Artoria nodded in satisfaction. They didn't have long to celebrate though, as a few moments later, they felt the approach of a Servant from east.

Artoria furrowed her eyebrows. "Likely one of my compatriots come looking for me."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittenboxxing Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:36 pm

"We should get moving." The group gathered and began to leave. A public airport would hopefully be a safe deterrent to any masters that wanted to get revenge. He turned to Artoria, "Would you like to speak with them? Avalon and I could go with you, and meet the others at the airport later. It will be a bit of time before our flight leaves."

Kittenboxxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Damascus Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:40 pm

Artoria nodded. "Yes. Let's go." The three headed out.

A-san and Caster had just arrived at the top of the steps leading to the temple. A-san chanted under his breath, pointing a finger up into the sky and preparing to fire a signal to alert the others. When he saw Artoria approaching with two of the rival Masters, though, he paused.

"Hoh?" He lowered his hand. "What's this? We feared you were kidnapped. You seem to be in good health."

Artoria was tense, but didn't draw her sword yet. "I am fine, but there's something you all need to know." She glanced over at Lazarus. "I suppose you can explain it better than I."

Damascus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next